This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ways you can make me hate you

i usually have fun at work, but there's just some things that people do consistantly that piss me off. so i figured i would share them all with you. oh and hi btw!

1. if i'm behind a computer, that means i can help you.
    this i absolutely positively hate. i don't understand why people walk past me when i'm standing right behind a computer, they walk their happy little asses by me to the next one and stare at me until i move. why would you go to an empty computer? why? i'm there. obviously not talking to anyone or helping anyone and there's nothing on my desk. i mean, i even have a nifty little badge thing that says "may i help you?". just come to the computer. i can check your books out. i promise.

which brings me to....

2. choosing to come to my computer when someone is at the other one doing nothing and i have a whole shitload of books in front of me.
    this pisses me off too. obviously i'm busy checking in 50 million books. maybe i'm withdrawing. who knows? but if there is another capable body behind a different computer with nothing, why come to me? just walk the extra 2 steps.

3. men's bathrooms.
    maybe a man can explain this to me. why is it so hard to flush a urinal? you are standing there...facing it. why can't you just move your arm in front of you...no...a little higher...there ya go. ok. now...push down on that nifty silver thing...come on...i promise...it's not heavy. and oh my god. look at that. now i don't have to look at your pee when i make sure that there's no psycho lying in wait for me when we close. i don't know. is it because someone before you has peed and touched his penis and now you don't want his penis germs on your hands? well ya know what? neither do i.

4. crazy children.
    parents. we make you sign a child safety form for a reason. we are not your personal free babysitters. keep an eye on the little buggers. if you know you have to take care of your 3 year old for the afternoon, it's probably not the best time to take them to the library so you can check your myspace page for a couple hours and hopefully find a new baby daddy or whatever. trust me. i have better things to do with my time then to entertain your little darling. don't get me wrong. i love kids. but it's not my favorite thing in the world to have a child hit me with the tail of an iguana puppet (which unfortunately has happened). then i have to parent them...which is not in my job description. also...if your child has taken out every puzzle we own, help them put the puzzles back together so i don't have to waste 10 minutes trying to do it. i don't like this, especially when it's time to leave. and if you look at a bunch of books, that's fine, just let us know, so we can reshelve them before we're ready to clock out. i don't live here, therefore i don't want to spend all night here either.

5. speaking of piles of books...
    if you don't want a book that's fine. but please don't hide them, leave them on the floor, shove every junie b. jones book we own under the shelf, or make up your own "i'm an idiot" dewey decimal system. just tell me. hand them to me. make me aware of your lack of interest in the reading material. i don't care. just don't send me on a scavenger hunt. i don't look at it as "oh boy. books on the floor! well...it's my lucky day! i found the buried treasure." no. it just pisses me off.

Quoth rachie reads View Post
    3. men's bathrooms.
    maybe a man can explain this to me. why is it so hard to flush a urinal? you are standing there...facing it. why can't you just move your arm in front of you...no...a little higher...there ya go. ok. now...push down on that nifty silver thing...come on...i promise...it's not heavy. and oh my god. look at that. now i don't have to look at your pee when i make sure that there's no psycho lying in wait for me when we close. i don't know. is it because someone before you has peed and touched his penis and now you don't want his penis germs on your hands? well ya know what? neither do i.
    First of all, welcome to the forum.

And since you asked... Personally, I always flush a urinal (except for the autoflush ones). Unfortunately, the handle on some urinals seems to be there only for decoration. No matter how much I push it, hit, twist it, etc, nothing happens. Perhaps some people see that it wasn't flushed and just assume it's one of those that doesn't work. Most likely it's because of the reason this forum exists, they're SCs. Unfortunately, not flushing a urinal is a very minor failing among SC bathroom habits, as is apparent from reading other posts on the subject.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

3. men's bathrooms.
      You know, even as a man, I cannot answer this one. Never figured it out myself.

I've often thought of putting a poster up in the men's room at school offering a "how to flush" class....

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post

I've often thought of putting a poster up in the men's room at school offering a "how to flush" class....

How about one with simple step-by-step instructions and stick figure illustrations?

Comment

3. men's bathrooms.
          I dunno. It's kinda hard to flush a turd down a urinal.

No, I've never done this. It has, however, been done in the men's room at work.

As far as dick germs--that's what you wash your hands for at the end, right? Right?
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hmm, urinals over here don't tend to have flush handles, they are all (pretty much) automatic and flush on a timer system.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Have you checked your urinals.. Most are notoriously inefficient. In theory they work like a toilet but the technology does not seem the same. This is actually one of my pet peeves, I do NOT like to leave my DNA for the next person to view. Yesterday, I had to flush a urinal 6 times before the water cleared.

God!!!! I can't believe I am posting on global forum about the color of my pee water.
              Eben56
              If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

I apparently work with some very classy folks.
                Not only is the urinal hardly ever flushed, but someone feels the need to pick their nose and wipe the boogers on the wall.
                So, I go to pee, see someone else's yellow water, and have to stare at snot smeared on the wall.
                And this is an office environment, too.
                To top it all off, I've found the toilets seats sprayed with urine as well.

I'm embarrassed when we have visitors because God knows what they'll see.
                ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

So I take it that some guys are incapable of flushing urinals? I never knew ...

Of course, I hardly go into men's bathrooms either ... Still, that's grodey ...
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Guys, boys, it's all the same. Most of the ones I've ever been around have had trouble flushing, even at home. I broke my sons when I made them stand and stare at their 'prior belongings' for a period of time when they continued to forget to flush. But, it's not just my boys. I help with a karate summer camp program. Those kids are supposed to be the good ones, with manners, well behaved and such? Right? Please, someone tell me that this is how they are supposed to be. These boys continue to spray the urinal, the wall behind the urinal, the wall next to the urinal, their names in the floor, the toilet, the walls behind and beside the toilet, the waste can, the stall door, and I do think sometimes, each other. We have slowly begun to put a stop to it since they now have to rotate days of cleaning the bathrooms. Most of the men I worked with at the factory were the same exact way. I just want to jerk a knot in their tails and send them home to their mamas!

Comment

First off- Welcome!

also...if your child has taken out every puzzle we own, help them put the puzzles back together so i don't have to waste 10 minutes trying to do it..
                      Oh, those little wooden puzzles are easy! The thing on the back that says, "3-5 years" is a lie. They usually only take me about 2 hours each.
                      You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

A teensy Off Topic (no, not Hot Topic, bad brain) -

Quoth Eben56 View Post
                        God!!!! I can't believe I am posting on global forum about the color of my pee water.
                        Thank you for that much-needed giggle fit! Don't worry about it, many of us have posted far worse (better?) than that. We're all friendly and won't hold it against you. (Ew, don't take that literally please! )

Aaaaand back On Topic! -

As a rabid bibliophile, I always hated going into libraries at the end of a day. It made me twitch. I wouldn't be able to NOT go insane if I worked at one. *gives yummy cookies and tea*
                        Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Working...
                        X