Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly I sometimes get asked which part of America I come from....

some are shocked, and I mean deer-in-headlights shocked when they hear me speak in an Aussie accent, and when I reply that I am an Aussie...

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
      I'm hoping drugs was the cause of this. Because if not, then I've been absolutely right about the world all this time, and I don't want to be right in this case.
      You mean about how the entire human civilization is rushing towards a 5-foot thick of reinforced concrete wall at Mach "Way too much" and everybody is complaining that they can't enjoy the scenery ?

Sorry to break this to you but I think you're right.
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
        Sorry to break this to you but I think you're right.
        Damn and blast.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          This actually amuses me, as my ancestors all came to this country between the years of 1882-1901. My family has been here almost 130 years, but I am not American. Apparently I am Israeli. Never mind that Israel did not exist as a country until 1948, 66 years after my family began arriving here.
          I know what you mean. I've had several anti-German comments directed at me because of my last name. Never mind it's *Norwegian,* and most of my ancestors were here long before Germany was even a country. Also, most of my mother's side has been here since the late 1700s. Dad's side didn't start arriving until about 1840 or so.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            And yet still these racist bigoted small-minded assholes think it's perfectly logical to tell me, a fourth-generation American, that I am not an American at all, and that I should move "back" to a country I have never set foot in. But I guess that's why we call them small-minded....they can't possibly wrap their little minds around the larger picture. Like that my family's been here more than half the life of the country.

Idiots.
            but by using their logic, they too should be ousted from land and relocated back to their land of ethnic/racial/cultural/etc. origin. most agree that ALL humans on the North, Central, and South American lands CAME FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE including what is mis-classified as Native Americans/First Peoples/abordginal (sp)/local indigious persons. but then according to the latest DNA data I have heard we all most likely are decended from a group of 5000 or 10000 people in Africa from about 75,000 years ago

defineately very small minded Nazi type attitude
            Last edited by Racket_Man; 06-12-2008, 03:01 PM.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              but by using their logic, they too should be ousted from land and relocated back to their land of ethnic/racial/cultural/etc. origin.
              Well, yes and no. Using actual logic based on these people's logic, despite what may be said about the Native Americans, they were here first, so they are the true Natives, and the rest of us should get the hell back to where we came from.

Just using THEIR logic though, which is highly illogical, anyone who doesn't look like them should leave the country. Even if said people have been here longer than they have. Because, you know, they don't "look American." In other words, they don't look like the small-minded bigots in question.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Pixagi View Post
                "SEE! I KNOW YOU'RE NOT AMERICAN! I CAN TELL BY YOUR EYES!"

I've never actually had someone say it like that, but I've encountered the sentiment before. I don't look the least bit native american, though I do have some ancestry in that area. My standard response to such racist nonsense is to visibly eye the offender's skin color, hair color and eye color (which are rarely native american tones, when this attitude is expressed) and comment "And judging by your coloration, you aren't american either."

Comment

Working...
                X