This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what your name means, you stupid cow

Yesterday was not the best day on the job. Today i had two calls that really pissed me off so much that i felt like i was going to explode.

First call: A customer called in to make a payment and she gave me a number to
    bring up her account. the account bought up a different account and i told her that the number did not bring up the account. She then tells me her last name and her street address. stupid system bought up 10 names and none of them was hers. She then was whining like a baby (Granted I told the bitch that she could make the payment through the automated system which is FREE of charge)
    and then she demanded a supervisor or somebody else (Look bitch, its not MY fault that we have a stupid system that keeps bringing up wrong accounts) . Right after she said, i pulled up the account and processed her payment. she then in a conscending tone, asked "how long have you worked here?" I knew where this was heading I told her a few months and the she says, "good luck" in those bitchy tones. you bitch. I am not doing this shit on purpose. I swear to god, if this bitch gets me in trouble

Second call: I give my opening spiel and told the customer my first name. She then in another bitchy ass tone, "do you know what your name really means?" I told her no and she then says "good but its pretty though" WTF? What does my name have to do with anything and I didn't insult your fucking name and you go off being a rude ass bitch almost insulting mine?

Why are the people who call our call centers from NY and NJ the rudest people in the world? Please, explain to me that!

ETA: BTW, I looked up what my name means and frankly, I calmed down a bit but this stupid woman and her bitchy tone made it sound like it was something horrible.
    Last edited by MoonChild2007; 06-26-2008, 03:32 PM.

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
    Why are the people who call our call centers from NY and NJ the rudest people in the world? Please, explain to me that!
    I hear you there. People on our Member Services team say half-jokingly that we'd rather deal with 10 angry members from Georgia than one happy member from New York.
    Last edited by protege; 06-26-2008, 04:24 PM. Reason: quote tag :)
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

What's more pathetic is that we get more calls from NJ and NY than we do in our own state where our call center is located in!

Comment

Yeah, from my impartial observations of NJ and NY folks, they describe everything and everybody with one word: "Fookin".

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post

Practicing for when they move down here to make my life miserable.
          I will never go to school!

Comment

You know, my dad is a truck driver. He did a stint hauling campers and RVs across the country, and constantly says there are way too many jerks and idiots on the road anywhere you go. He said the worst and rudest drivers he's ever seen, though, were in New Jersey and New York. He said New Jersey and New York were far worse than anywhere else he's been.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I'll concur with that. And I'm from Jersey.

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                You know, my dad is a truck driver. He did a stint hauling campers and RVs across the country, and constantly says there are way too many jerks and idiots on the road anywhere you go. He said the worst and rudest drivers he's ever seen, though, were in New Jersey and New York. He said New Jersey and New York were far worse than anywhere else he's been.
                Then he's never been to Quebec. La Belle Province has the snottiest, most reckless drivers in all of Canada, and that includes 'Alberta drivers'. I've heard horror stories from a lot of people, and those were verified when the Hubster and I drove up to a small town just east of Quebec city. I vividly recall being passed by a school bus full of small children - and WE were doing the speed limit of 110km/hr (Just about 70mph). That was disturbing, but not as disturbing as the monstrous RV that roared past us, driven by a VERY elderly man whose equally elderly wife (I assume) sneered at us and gave us the finger. There was a lot more, but those two incidents sort of stand out from the overall "extreme theme park ride aura the experience had.

We had planned on doing a little touring along the St. Lawrence river, but after that wonderful experience on the highway, we stopped at a motel for the night and then booked it back to the Maritimes as quickly as we could. Yeah, we're softies. And *I* learned to drive in the city of Vancouver, BC.

I should take a trip down south to NJ/NY and see how it compares.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Having driving in New York City and Montreal/Quebec City...

*drumroll please*

Quebec wins the worst driving award!

(barely)

I still haven't decided which ones have the worst attitude. The Quebecois are certainly biased against me because I have an American accent, but I speak some French, so it seems to help mitigate the bias.

Of course, I avoid that province altogether given the opportunity.

And New Yorkers, well, the ones I deal with are usually visiting their summer home to 'get away' from Manhattan and then get pissy when we don't offer all the variety of NYC here in the country.

Comment

New York and New Jersey were the states that I got some nasty SC's from (with a the exception of my neighbor Candy, she rocks!!!)....calling or not. I got them all in one pile when I worked at the restaurant since 1) My owner and his wife were from there and have been in Florida since the 1970's 2) It was an Italian restaurant (not to make any stereotypes here) and 3)South Florida tends to have quite the lion's share of the Noo Yawk people, especially in the winter season with all the snow birds.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

... Why did it take her demanding a supervisor for you to pull up her account? Or did I miss something in the story?

Comment

*Shudder.* Jersey. I had the, uh, pleasure of driving thru that hell hole on 95 once. I'm going almost 80(in the far right lane, still begin passed) in medium-heavy traffic and you decide to pass me with about two inches to spare, on the left, then cut in front of me so I have to slam on the brakes and hope the other asshole who was tailgating me doesn't hit me.

No offense to any of the sane people from Jersey.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                          No offense to any of the sane people from Jersey.
                          None taken.

But not all of us are like that. Some of us are quite nice.

Quoth edicius View Post
                          I'll concur with that. And I'm from Jersey.
                          Where in Jersey? (If you don't mind my asking.)
                          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-27-2008, 03:49 AM. Reason: just nosy
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oi, I remember coming through Quebec when we were driving across Canada when I was 10. Up until that point I had never actually seen a car flipped over and/or on fire on the side of the highway before. Coming through Quebec I saw it 3 times.

Best part was the RCMP standing around warming their hands on it.

As for various states, I'm sure we could compile the general personality "features" of every state and province based on customer interaction alone. I know I can do it for most of Canada and half of the States based off my own callers. ;p

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
                              ... Why did it take her demanding a supervisor for you to pull up her account? Or did I miss something in the story?
                              Because it took "too long" to bring up her account. Every single number she gave me did not bring up the account. I tried to bring up her account with her name but even that didn't work. it wasn't until that I used her same number and pulled it up a different way that the account came out. I even told her that I will try something and that's when she asked for a supervisor right when I had her account up.

Granted she didn't even have her account # and she's giving me a hard time.

Comment

Working...
                              X