• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Will Be Idiots :O

A long week. I'm so glad for Sweet Tea and my cat right now :3

Why Can't I Use That Now?

ME- I have a dollar hey hey hey hey
    SC- 3/4s of a guess to the highest bidder!
    J- Electronics Co Worker
    AM- My Assistant who is AWESOME
    CM- Why couldn't M have been the Co Manager on duty?

I had a lady come up to the service desk today with a coupon and a receipt. Sometimes the cashiers forget to scan the coupons so we refund the amount and the service desk, no big deal. Well this lady came up with a BOGO on suave shampoo, I scanned her receipt and tentativly asked her if she had actually bought two (the receipt was a few days old, we give them a week).

SC: *Gives me a weird look* No, I didn't buy two. I wanted to cash in on it now.
    ME: I'm sorry m'am but these are only redeemable at the time of purchase.
    SC: I know, so what are you going to do, just give me a bottle free?
    ME: No m'am. I can't. You would have had to use this at the time you bought the first one for me to do anything. If you had bought two, I might have been able to refund the price of one to you, but I can't just give you a bottle free.
    SC: So can I return them and then repurchase it?
    ME: No m'am.
    SC: Why not?
    ME: Because that is cheating the system. This wasn't used at the time of purchase.
    SC: Well I'll bring it in
    ME: Okay but if you bring it to me, I won't do it for you.

What Part Of This Makes Sense?

This guy came up today with a half empty pack of 100 recordable DVD's with no barcode and a receipt from 03/13/08.

SC: I'd like to return this. None of them work.
    ME: None of them *eyes the obviously half empty carton*
    SC: None, I bought them for my daughters cheerleading to record the memories and none of them work. I threw away about half of them, the others have been sent out.
    ME: Well first of all I can't use the receipt because it's past our 90 days-
    SC: Why not? I saved it!?
    ME: *points to LARGE BOLDED LETTERS stating 90 days* It's out of our return policy. Now there are at least 40 DVD's missing here, I'm not sure what we can do for you, especially since we don't have a barcode, but let me see if it rings up in our system. *Performs an item inquiry in the computer using the receipt, it doesn't ring up* I'm sorry sir we don't even carry this anymore. I can't do anything for you.
    SC: *back and forth, ends in him going back to electronics to see if I'm a terrible liar and we really have some*

PHONE: *Ring, ring*
    ME:Service Desk
    J: Hey, this is J Electronics, I have a guy back here who says he wants to return these DVDS, but we don't carry them anymore, can't you use the receipt?
    ME: First of all, technically no, because it's past 90 days, but beyond that, I tried, it's no longer in our system, it won't ring up. And because his receipt is too old, I can't override it.
    J: Ah. Well, he's going to want to talk to a manager.
    ME: Did he say that?
    J: Yeah
    ME: Send him up.

So I paged for a CSM, right as the guy came back up, my AM appeared, apparently we were so busy, AM was left to run the front end while all the CSMs got on the belts.

SC: So J told me to tell you just to refund it, he says this brand is crappy.
    ME: *Blinks, J said NOTHING about this on the phone, more importantly it's not his decision to make* I'm sorry sir, but I can't do it because he told you that, and I spoke to him on the phone and he said NOTHING about that.
    SC: He said to DO IT.
    ME: Let me get my manager up here for you
    SC: Calling me a liar?
    ME: No sir, just isn't my place to do that, especially when J doesn't have the authority to make that decision, and he didn't tell me he thought that was the best option *waves over AM, gives him the run down, with SC throwing in a "J said too!" at the end, for good measure*

AM: I'm sorry sir, but unfortunatly that is not J's decision to make. You brought us half the product that we don't carry anymore, it was discounted when you bought it, we have no barcode, you are outside our return policy and it's not in our system, we can't do anything for you.
    SC: But J said too!
    AM: J doesn't have that authority.
    SC: *sarcastically, keep in mind my AM is 25, but he's the best damn AM I've ever had.J is in his 40's in the LEAST* And you do?
    AM: As you are standing in my front end, I'd say yes.
    SC: Well I need to talk to someone else.
    AM: Gladly, I'll get him right away.

In the end Co Mngr C ended up giving him the refund which angered us to no end. I am fairly certain he just copied some netflicks or something and then retruned the DVD's to us essentially getting everything for free. I was so happy that my AM was there though, he doesn't let anyone bullshit us, mostly because he works the front end, so he knows. Most of the other managers don't even care because they don't run the service desk or registers.

UGh.

But I Paid More

A week or two ago a lady brought in a Evan Almighty and it's receipt. The movie was unopened so I agreed to do the return. I checked her receipt and the date was 12/20/07, way way WAY past our return policy. I informed her that it was store credit and at whatever it run up as in the system. She agreed until it rang up at 6$ less that what she bought it at.

SC: But I paid 19.96
    ME: Yes Ma'm but our return policy is 90 days, I can't use this receipt, so I can only give you the 13.96
    SC: That's not fair, I paid 19.96
    ME: And we give you 3 months to return it
    SC: It's not open! That is not fair!!
    ME: M'am I think 3 months is more than fair for you to decide if you want to keep a movie or not. I can't give you anymore than 13.96

CSM S backed me up and finally she took it, but sheesh lady, 6 months? How the hell is that movie still in the plastic?
    "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

I am glad that I have HBO, Cinamax and Stars. If there is a movie that I want to see, I just wait til it shows on there. If I like it enough, then I buy the movie. And guess what, it might even be cheaper then when it first came out on DVD
    Last edited by powerboy; 06-27-2008, 06:14 AM. Reason: Typo
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

You have a dollar hey hey hey hey! *dances*

I love you a little now. I sing that occasionally, but no one's ever gotten the reference. Probably because I'm the only one in my social group that is addicted to children's movies.

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post

In the end Co Mngr C ended up giving him the refund which angered us to no end.
        Exhibit A as to the main reason SC's continue their reign of terror on workers of all walks of life. Because they can.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Hmmm I don't know the "I have a dollar hey hey hey hey"

But I do know "I want my two dollars"

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
            Hmmm I don't know the "I have a dollar hey hey hey hey"
            Oh, come on... Buckwheat? Little Rascals? At least, I think it was Buckwheat... but, didn't he have a nickel? I'll buy your pickle for a nickel...
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

[QUOTE=Enigma;360251]A long week. I'm so glad for Sweet Tea and my cat right now :3

Why Can't I Use That Now?

ME- I have a dollar hey hey hey hey
              SC- 3/4s of a guess to the highest bidder!
              J- Electronics Co Worker
              AM- My Assistant who is AWESOME
              CM- Why couldn't M have been the Co Manager on duty?

I had a lady come up to the service desk today with a coupon and a receipt. Sometimes the cashiers forget to scan the coupons so we refund the amount and the service desk, no big deal. Well this lady came up with a BOGO on suave shampoo, I scanned her receipt and tentativly asked her if she had actually bought two (the receipt was a few days old, we give them a week).

SC: *Gives me a weird look* No, I didn't buy two. I wanted to cash in on it now.
              ME: I'm sorry m'am but these are only redeemable at the time of purchase.
              SC: I know, so what are you going to do, just give me a bottle free?
              ME: No m'am. I can't. You would have had to use this at the time you bought the first one for me to do anything. If you had bought two, I might have been able to refund the price of one to you, but I can't just give you a bottle free.
              SC: So can I return them and then repurchase it?
              ME: No m'am.
              SC: Why not?
              ME: Because that is cheating the system. This wasn't used at the time of purchase.
              SC: Well I'll bring it in
              ME: Okay but if you bring it to me, I won't do it for you.

I 100% agree there's no way she's getting a random free item. But (and maybe you left out some info & that's why I'm missing the point?) telling her she's not allowed to return a product she's purchased with a valid receipt and then purchase items and use her coupon seems to be a pretty snarky move, and the way you told that story that's exactly how it sounds. Was the item not eligible for a return (assuming it was unused)? Was the coupon expired? Were you out of stock?

Put yourself in her shoes: as long as none of the above is true, what you told her (again, re: returning/repurchasing, or even just purchasing a 2nd/3rd one!) doesn't make much sense.

And then we have the other 2... who should be barred from ever shopping again.
              WoW addict: Rogue, Paladin, Hunter, Priest!

Comment

Fail is what i sense here

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                  But I do know "I want my two dollars"
                  Two dollars! I want my two dollars!

----

Quoth Enigma
                  In the end Co Mngr C ended up giving him the refund which angered us to no end. I am fairly certain he just copied some netflicks or something and then retruned the DVD's to us essentially getting everything for free.
                  <sarcasm>So .. does this mean I can purchase a sh*tload of blank DVDs, use up half and then return the unused ones for the full purchase price? Damn!

Yes ... something does seem a bit fishy about that one ...
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

@Skandranon: Hurrah! I'm the same way, I make apparently obscure references to movies that no one has seen. This is from the chick who's favourite movie is Emperor's New Groove though.

@jaya9581: I'll be the first to admit that I was a little rude to her, it doesn't happen often with me, but it was the end of a very long day, with DVD man and other jerks, plus our system was down in the morning and to cover the rush I was on register for two hours. All that aside, the suck was that she found the coupon later and wanted to use it to get a new item for free. I did leave out a lot of the conversation, she was very rude, and she first told me the shampoo had been used and was "half way gone" then later told me it was unopened. I told her she could return it, but I told her I wouldn't be the one to put the coupon through for her. She came in today, tried to return a half used bottle of shampoo which my co-worker B refused to return for her because she told him she was going to use the coupon for the exact same item. But yes, thinking back I was rude to her .
                    "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

Surely she could just have a bought another bottle of shampoo (and gotten another free). She's going to need shampoo and it doesn't have a short shelf life.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                      X