This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MattW View Post
    Sorry to ask this but what's an LDS? I'm just curious?
    I'm guessing Latter Day Saint.

I'm part of a club which meets up every month, and it's always the same - 15 people say they're coming, 5 show up. I think it's so rude to RSVP then not show up.
    God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Yeah, Latter-Day Saint. Darn us fake Christians!

I can't remember what I did for my 21st party...probably nothing. I'm not big on birthdays and almost all my friends are in different states. I probably sat at home and played Doom or something *ROFL*
      My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Quoth MattW View Post
        Sorry to ask this but what's an LDS? I'm just curious?
        Sorry, I read this as LDR (Long Distance Relationship)
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
          Um ... kind of strange for someone to have to plan their own party.
          I do that almost every year. It's usually at the same place all the time, though.
          Unlike Miss Popularity, more than 30 showed for my 23rd birthday.

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
            Yeah, Latter-Day Saint. Darn us fake Christians!

I can't remember what I did for my 21st party...probably nothing. I'm not big on birthdays and almost all my friends are in different states. I probably sat at home and played Doom or something *ROFL*
            yup, darn us fake Christians and our magical flying underwear, and the horns, and the damnation to hell, and the virgin sacrifices by throwing the pretty young lady from the Salt Lake Temple into the Great Salt Lake (yes, I actually have heard all of those things, the last one by someone who is not very good with geography, that would be one hell of a throw considering it's something like 5 miles between the Temple and the lake, over a few midrise buildings, ranging from 5 to 10 stories, over a freeway, and an oil refinery )

oh and for my 21st I've done the same thing I do every birthday, go out to dinner with a few family members and close friends, nothing too terribly fancy... though my 21st birthday is the one day that I did drink (well, other than my eurotrip, but that was in europe so that doesn't count )... it's kinda a family tradition that we are teetotalers and we will always be the designated driver so our 21st birthday is the one day that we may drink and let someone else worry about driving.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Sorry, I read this as LDR (Long Distance Relationship)
              It's ok, EQ. I read it at first as LSD.

I was housesitting for my college advisor/mentor on my 21st. I asked him if I could have a small group of well-behaved people over. He said fine....as long as I took all the nice things and put them in a closet!
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

When I moved into my place in Feb of 2007, I made it known that I was having a 4th of July party that year since they shoot the fireworks off about 1 block from my house.

All I did was talk about this party. I invited all of my family, about 30+ people... This party was planned 5 months in advance with a reminder going out a month before and two weeks before.

I got 3 people that showed up. I was FURIOUS! Even people that said they'd come bailed out.

I bought all kinds of food and spent about $25 on hotdogs and hamburgers alone. The first two people that showed up weren't hungry and didn't want to eat.

The last person that showed up only wanted a veggie burger. Since I'm avegetarian, I wasted so much freaking money on meat. I ended up giving it all to my neighbors.

I'm having another party this week, so far I've gotten 15 we'll be there's. But I'm only buying a small amount of Hamburger, and if no one shows, I'm bringing raw meat to their next party.
                You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  It's ok, EQ. I read it at first as LSD.
                  that reminds me of the oh so famous line in star trek 4

kirk- "never mind him, he did too much LDS back in the 70s"
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Am I a geek for remembering that line from the reruns?
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                    X