This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There's the door!"

So, a lot of times, I will have angry customers coming up to me and demanding random information out of the blue. I am, of course, the last person they see on the way out, so that makes me the last line of defense. Usually the requests are to speak to a manager, after they have already spoken to one, but didn't like the answer they got. So, they want the name and number of a manager higher than them. Not going to do it.

Today was such a day. A couple comes up and demands the name and number of our General Manager. I ask why such information is required. They proceed to tell me their life story, but in summation: Someone in the service department "told them" that if their computer didn't get fixed in 2 weeks, we would just give them a free one. That is not our company policy, nor any company that is still profitable in any sector of the market. That is idiocy. Of course, the person who told them this wasn't here today (or perhaps doesn't even exist?), and nobody in the service department would appease them. Service department calls the store manager (one step below General Manager). She calls them out and says stop whining and wait for your computer, you're not getting a free one. They insist they were offered a free one. She says "Fine - come back tomorrow and speak to our Service Manager" (one step below Store Manager, but the person they should have spoken to to begin with).

Then they come to me. I tell them that I can't help them any more than the store manager already has. They start badmouthing her, right as she starts walking up to my desk. She calmly walks up, smiles, listens to more badmouthing, and says "There is the door." *points*

They say a few more idiotic things.

"Once again, that's the door. See ya."

Finally, a manager with a spine!

Olive juice you too.

...they thought they would be getting a computer for FREE?! How dense do you have to be to entertain that thought? Though from the way those people were acting, might one of the service people have offered them that just to get rid of them?
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

The person that told them, just happened not to be there..........AND they didn't know his name????

Wow, what a bad day for them! What are the odds?

For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
      http://atriumforum.com/
      Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Why would they want a new computer anyway?

Not that a new computer isn't nice, but then'd they complain because it doesn't have thier programs, and favorites, and "Marge what's my password to bingo.com, no I don't know it, it always logs me in automatically" because they haven't cleared their cookies out, ever.

Comment

What's really scary is that somewhere, some asshat thinks that they actually should be getting a free computer in order to keep their business. These people who think this way often go by the broad title "corporate" and generally exist throughout large chain stores.
          Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
            ...they thought they would be getting a computer for FREE?! How dense do you have to be to entertain that thought? Though from the way those people were acting, might one of the service people have offered them that just to get rid of them?
            you know... I could see someone thinking that if it wasn't done in 2 weeks the service would be free... but a new computer, wow that is a stretch that most minds are not able to make without breaking.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              you know... I could see someone thinking that if it wasn't done in 2 weeks the service would be free... but a new computer, wow that is a stretch that most minds are not able to make without breaking.
              Of course, it's getting to the point now where it's almost cheaper to just buy a
              new one than fix the old one.

Comment

Quoth xaenon View Post
                Of course, it's getting to the point now where it's almost cheaper to just buy a
                new one than fix the old one.
                I hate to say it, but I suspect that's the logic this couple in the OP was using.

Come to think of it, if you've got an old one lying around, technically speaking that would be a free computer, now wouldn't it? They didn't mention it had to be new.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth trench2k View Post
                  What's really scary is that somewhere, some asshat thinks that they actually should be getting a free computer in order to keep their business.

I agree with you on this, trench2k.

Rule of life . . . There is no such thing as an idea that is so stupid, so insane, or so asinine that somebody, somewhere, will not believe in it.
                  Last edited by Anthony K. S.; 06-28-2008, 11:04 PM.
                  “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
                  “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
                  “I don’t know.”
                  “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Update: The man came in today without his wife, to speak with the proper manager. He sincerely apologized to the store manager his wife had berated earlier and got things straightened out with the service manager. So the story has a happy ending. I never thought I'd see the day...

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      They didn't mention it had to be new.
                      or functional. The evil in me wants to build a computer entirely out of faulty parts.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                        or functional. The evil in me wants to build a computer entirely out of faulty parts.
                        I could easily do that...with all the crap that I've scrapped over the years
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                        X