This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the party is over

I do security work for a gated community and man we get some thickheaded folks. I had this conversation with a fairly dim couple of fellows last eve. To set up the scene all parties are to be over after 11 PM and if there is no adult present the party is done as soon as we verify. Well it was after 1 in the morning when these two rays of intelligence show up at the front gate.

Me: super guard

Teens: umm yeah

T: we're going to Blah's house.
    M: no the party was over at 11 and no more cars are going to that house tonight.
    T: but we just talked to them.
    M: Doesn't matter no means no.
    T: but what if we call them and you talk to them.
    M: I said no more cars and that's final, go home.
    T: I'm gonna call them so you can talk to them so we can go in.
    M: even if I talk to them the answer I gave you will still be the same.

After I finally got it through to them that they in fact were not getting in they finally left. Had to repeat that twice with different folks. Guh just because your friends have money doesn't mean I have to do what you or they say I am a contractor doing a job for the community not the individual.

That almost seems a little unfair. What if someone isn't having a party but is just expecting guests over after 11PM? Do they get turned away?
    I mean just because someone is at your house doesn't mean it's a party. I know there are rules and all, but no more cars after a certain time seems a bit silly. People should be able to have guests at any time.

Comment

Good thing I don't live in a gated community with security. I am a grown adult and can have whoever over whenever I want.

Oh scratch that.....we do have a security guard. Two of them. Sheriff and Old Lady.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

You are just doing your job and guests should have been warned of this by party host.

Question if i lived in your gated community and worked nights but wanted to invite colleagues over after work for say diner(3-4am) could they get in?

or is the 11pm limit only for no adults there?

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          Good thing I don't live in a gated community with security. I am a grown adult and can have whoever over whenever I want.

Oh scratch that.....we do have a security guard. Two of them. Sheriff and Old Lady.
          I don't always notice who wrote what when I first read a post, and I was about to ask if "Sheriff" and "Old Lady" were the poster's big dogs, or big guns....then I saw the sig line. Never mind.
          Last edited by Primer; 06-28-2008, 11:32 PM. Reason: typo
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

It is there for the teen parties that crop up all the time. We really don't care if they have people over after 11 if they are quiet and indoors. That is something getting teens to figure out is a trial to do. The parties are over at 11 no matter what are for the teen parties where there is no mature adult over 21 present.

Comment

Working...
            X