Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry we can't control the weather, ma'am...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry we can't control the weather, ma'am...

Heard this from a co-worker today, who was doing the Peapod yesterday (that's when we bring out orders that were done on-line by customers and load them into their vehicles), and some bitch had the gall to complain that it was too cold out, and it took too long (despite being a large order) for the back of her van to be kept open. Of course she complained to corporate, and of course she received a gift card for it.

And this was in OCTOBER. God know what we'll have to deal with in January and February.

I'm betting that this will lead to a memo about finding a way to get groceries loaded without opening doors...

Missile launcher on the roof, using GPS coordinates of an SC's house? Bonus is that ingredients will arrive pre-mixed for whatever recipe SC had in mind...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Some people need to be kicked in the gooch till they stop being that way.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Someone tried to get someone to change the date to his eclipse party. She tried to reschedule the Sun.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
          Someone tried to get someone to change the date to his eclipse party. She tried to reschedule the Sun.
          *jaw drops open*

Please elaborate, catcul. I'd love to hear more.

Edit, never mind, found it. That's hysterical.
          Last edited by TheSHAD0W; 11-08-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
            Some people need to be kicked in the gooch till they stop being that way.
            That would include the members of management who actually think whiners like this deserve any kind of "reward' for their whining.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Oh FFS. really? that's just ridiculous.

Comment

It's simple. Tell the customer she needs to buy a car, so that the trunk could be open without getting the driver cold. There, a solution. It's not a reasonable solution, but neither was the complaint.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Even with a car, with a sufficiently large trunk, there'd be the complaint about having to sit there with the car running, with the heater working... "Had to sit there so LONG, wasting gas..."

Ask me how I know. I dares ya.
                  *Looks at name of site again* Oh, wait, you've heard this one before.

Comment

As far as them getting a gift card "for complaining", my impression is that many companies will basically throw small stuff to anybody that takes the trouble to actually contact them. Usually it's coupons, but I could believe a small gift card.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                      As far as them getting a gift card "for complaining", my impression is that many companies will basically throw small stuff to anybody that takes the trouble to actually contact them. Usually it's coupons, but I could believe a small gift card.
                      And yet not me... I love the curbside service. But one time I had ordered some sliced deli meat and it was... shredded. Not in slices, and not like any deli meat I'd ever gotten before. It must have been the end of that piece of meat (?) or something was wrong with the cutter, I don't know. I do know if I had been in the store and saw that being weighed out for me, I would have refused it. When I did the survey I wrote in my problem, and checked the box that said to contact me.

...Nothing ever happened. I didn't want a coupon or gift card, I just wanted to let someone know what had happened because I was thinking maybe the comments wouldn't be read. Guess I was right! Anyway, I don't order sliced anything when I get curbside. If I ever did again I'd make the poor girl wait while I inspected it. She's nice, and I know it's not her fault of course.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                      X