Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ((sorry guys, internet problems at home, first I've been on in ages))

When Josiah locks eyes with Samara he feels unerved more so then himself, a haunted look in her eyes, and a hard set to her lips as she shot the things 4 more times, then following behind Josiah, holstering her sig and saying nothing as she walks out of the building, waiting just long enough for everyone to get out including Savage leading the rather confused man.

"I'll meet you at the car..."

After they all get a fair distance away, they hear a somewhat muffled explosion, followed by Samara walking towards them, that same dead look in her eyes. She wordlessly passes them, and heads to her car, getting in the shutting the door firmly.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah, upon returning to the hotel where he and Ted had their things and fired up the laptop. As he had been awake for nearly 53 hours straight, Josiah missed the most important thread of his life... TWICE... before spotting it.
      Scrambling for the Farnsworth, he called Artie.
      "Yes, I realize it is Oh-F***ing-Dark-Thirty!! Artie, get somebody on WeAreNotStupidSheep.frm; board, Weird; thread, Sprayer to Sniper! NOW!!"

The thread, horrifyingly, detailed a young woman's overnight transformation from a spray'n'pray waste of ammo to a 900 yard bulls-eyes sniper... and her plan to wax the Man in the Office.
      There was even a sepia-tone photograph of the tweener in para-military butch-cut and gear holding the unmistakeable shape of a Viet Nam-era Winchester Model 70, as she practiced on a long-range targeting gallery.

"Find out who that is, where that is, and when she's planning on carrying out her mission. That is none other than the REAL Lông Trắng du Kich (White Feather Sniper) rifle, Artie! I'd bet my next paycheck on it!"

Comment

• Samara hobbles into the room rubbing her eyes, throughly bloodshot tired looking eyes, a bottle of something 90 proof in one hand, and still in clothes from that day.

"Hey I'm not through my case yet, this is only the third bottle tonight...whats with betting half of Artie's paycheck?"
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah grabbed her by the shirt-front, noting she was rather well-built, and hauled her down to face the screen.
          "Found the real rifle. Now the easy part begins, and we wait for the hard part to start."
          He sniffed at her bottle of liquor.
          "I can find better than this crap. Keys. Now."

Comment

• "My best stuff is under my bed back at the B&B....can't get real moonshine around here...not legally at least....and I AM a federal occifer."

She holds out her hand holding up her keys by a small tag from the rental place.

"I hate this place....bad memories....you probably won't see me for about a week when we get back."

Comment

• Confiscating keys, Josiah left. An hour later, he came back with two bottles of scotch, four bottles of "wino-wine", a bottle of Captain, a two-liter of Coke, and a pack of red solo cups.

"Here," Josiah poured her a cup of scotch.
              "Two rules about getting shmammered, young lady: One. Never drink alone. Two. Never drink in the dark. That said, Prosit!"
              Josiah knocked back his own cup.

Comment

• "Man after my own heart," she chugs backs her own cup, "Clesha!"

"So whats this about this gun? I thought we had the real thing in the warehouse? I just did inventory last week...and so help me gods if I have to do it again. Payday is this week.....wait...you belong to that wacky forum?"

She pulls the laptop closer to her, and scrolls through the site reading the thread closely, pulling a long drink while reading.

Comment

• "Hey! No touchee!" Josiah yanked his laptop out of sloshing-range. "It is NOT a wacky forum as you put it, Young Lady! WeAreNotStupidSheep is the largest skullduggery-education site on the Internet! And! As I told you last week, the rifle we have in the warehouse is NOT Hathcock's!"
                  Josiah set the laptop on the dresser. "Furthermore, the rifle we have in the warehouse is an M21 rifle which was NOT used by Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Norman Hathcock II."
                  "After I get some sleep, and kill the raging perfect storm of a hangover I'll have in the morning, I'm gonna bet my next paycheck that the rifle mentioned by my sources is the REAL 'Lông Trắng du Kich (White Feather Sniper)' rifle!"

Comment

• "Besides, the term is "Sláinte!" if you're trying for the Gaelic."
                    He raised his Solo cup again, "Budem, by the way." Josiah amended, "It's short for "Budem zdorovy" meaning "Let's stay healthy". In Russia, no one says "Na zdorovje". It DOES mean "To your health", but they only say THAT as a reply to "Spasibo", which means, "Thank you"... I think."
                    Another sip, "Cheers."
                    Again, "L'chaim!"
                    "Salud!"
                    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 11-16-2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• The next morning, Josiah was passed out in the tub, a bottle of wino-wine in his hand, dressed only in his untied Red Wing boots... and the red solo cup.

Comment

• Ted had gotten up early, wondering if he was made for field work. He hesitated when he knew what he had to do, couldn't seem to figure out the most basic of clues. It seemed he got on both Josiah's and Sam's nerves...maybe he would be better as a researcher in the warehouse. He'd have to learn from Artie, so he wouldn't contribute a lot to the group for a bit, but it was a worthwhile job...

He just wasn't sure though. While he was more a studious sort then an action sort, he would always be thinking 'what if'..and if something did go wrong .. he knew he'd blame himself. So..he had climbed on the roof of his car, and just lay there looking up at the sky..waiting to see if an answer would fall out of it.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Several hours later, Josiah's face comes into view. "Damn. You look worse than I feel. What's up?"

Comment

• "I am a scholar, not a field operator. I am thinking of hanging up my traveling boots, and doing archiving and research at the warehouse." Ted saw no reason not to be honest about it.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Ted, if you hang up your fedora and bullwhip, I'll hang up my gunbelt and spurs. So you aren't a half-paranoid conspiracy theorist with a raging hangover at the moment. Do I look like I'm complaining about your supposed lack of field experience? No. If anything, I'm banking money for the bet we're gonna come across a mission that'll be so up your alley that I'll be useless as a toothpick in an artillery duel."
                              Josiah held his head a moment, then continued, "If you're just an archivist in the Warehouse, and I'm in the field and I find out I'm that useless, who am I gonna turn to? Sam? Pfft. She's our fore-woman, and Artie's the Boss. You didn't freeze, if that's going to be your next excuse. You took your cue from me, and I waited for the Opportune Moment."

Comment

• Ted shakes his head. "It's not about freezing. I am a scholar, a book reader. My talents run to research and facts. Out there in that field, I was somebody who I am not. Didn't even hesitate to shoot, didn't think twice about requesting two people die. That is not me. I can't hurt a fly. I think I just need something I can sink my teeth into..something to actually research. Something to discover."

Comment

Working...
                                X