This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivious Karen

So just a random point of fact this lady was physically the complete stereotype Karen down to the hair cut and colouring. She was also one of the rich bitches that tend to be are area demographic unfortunately. You know the kind who has never ever lifted a manicured finger to do so much as her own laundry never mind a real job with work and stuff.

So a while back, and I do mean months, we reintroduced the paying for non-reusable bags because we couldn’t keep up with demand as was and if the customers brought their own bags they had to pack to keep distancing and contact rules in place. So people would hear that and decide they’d much rather have a free paper bag if it meant being able to stand there like the lazy entitled bastards they are. Amazing how many people started packing their own bags when they actually had to bay an entire .05 for them.

So Karen has her own bags and when she gets the spiel of how you have to keep them either in your cart or use the pull out at the till, and pack your own bags she decides that’s just the most scandalous thing ever. The comments like “that’s not good customer service”, “you used to pack”, “you expect ME to do your job?” (Fun fact bitch, outside of Canada, the states and possibly one city is Australia nobody expects the cashier to pack. There’s either a designated packer or you are expected to pack your own damn bags you lazy twat. Easiest way to spot the American/Canadian tourist? Go to a store and see who stands there expecting everyone to bow and scrape to their every demand, the one staring into space as the cashier rings things through.)

So of course when she hears we can pack paper bags so wants that instead. “But *gasp* they don’t have handles?”, “You mean they cost MONEY?”(as if we were charging $50 instead of .05 seriously woman I can spot six fancy logos like Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, and Hermes. You aren’t strapped for cash honey and the price of a bag is much less then unaffordable.

Of course then the whole “when did you start charging for bags?” Ummm several years ago... “but why~” money....

Of course she pays in cash because it’s not like she doesn’t have a visa or a debit card. Then she gets bitchy about “why are you sanitizing your hands you don’t need that!?” Because it’s company policy to sanitize after any cash transaction... “do you think I have a disease? I’m not like you folk who can’t wash your hands!” Ummm isn’t that kind of contradictory to chastise someone about poor hygiene practices while they are using good ones? And you people? Really?

Then she has the nerve to say at the end that it’s not ME she’s upset at just all these silly rules and restrictions. For an illness that “us people can’t get because we aren’t Chinese”.... and that’s a quote by the way. Just wow. Entitlement and bigotry combined with ego and a superiority complex? I just got the lotto on this one. I soooooo wanted to say that if she’s apparently immune then perhaps she can help those less fortunate to be so and reduce the stress on the healthcare system... but that would mean actual work.

Though as much as I hate to say it I want her heels. Yet they cost more then I make in a month.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

“us people can’t get because we aren’t Chinese”. Well I must have Chinese in me(no not a takeaway) because I have had it, 2 weeks in bed not knowing my own name.
    "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
    set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

I always hope that somebody like that will test positive, so somebody else can ask them who their oh-so-pure ancestors were screwing around with ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Well, it only seems to affect humans, so if she's that convinced that she can't get it... I might, just MIGHT, be inclined to believe her.

Comment

If she's so rich and truly entitled then why isn't someone else shopping for her? How does she get through a day, much less having to do such menial labor. Wait unitl something happens and her money disappears.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            If she's so rich and truly entitled then why isn't someone else shopping for her? How does she get through a day, much less having to do such menial labor. Wait unitl something happens and her money disappears.
            Probably only does so to either put others down or to rub in how much more money she has then anything else.
            Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Our state legislature passed a bill that required stores to charge for bags. I'll miss the disposable ones eventually, since I need two per week to toss out the cat's used litter. (double bagging is required) But otherwise, no problem, this household has accumulated several dozen reusable bags. Only - stores around here don't allow us to bring in reusable bags for fear of COVID contamination. My stock of disposable bags continues to grow.

Worst I've ever heard: Housemate used to work in a toll booth. People would pull coins out of their mouths to pay tolls.

I've accumulated a few dozen reusable bags - but stores around here don't allow people to bring them in, so the law passed last year mandating a charge for bags has been suspended.

No matter what is done to money to make it less filthy, it really is.
              Last edited by EricKei; 06-29-2020, 08:38 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                For an illness that “us people can’t get because we aren’t Chinese”.... and that’s a quote by the way.
                I would have just stopped, put up my hands, and said, "That's it. I'm done," and walked away. It would either be that or I smack her.

I'd love to know her take on how it's affected the Navajo Nation though...they're not Chinese.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
                  Our state legislature passed a bill that required stores to charge for bags. I'll miss the disposable ones eventually, since I need two per week to toss out the cat's used litter. (double bagging is required) But otherwise, no problem, this household has accumulated several dozen reusable bags. Only - stores around here don't allow us to bring in reusable bags for fear of COVID contamination. My stock of disposable bags continues to grow.

Worst I've ever heard: Housemate used to work in a toll booth. People would pull coins out of their mouths to pay tolls.

I've accumulated a few dozen reusable bags - but stores around here don't allow people to bring them in, so the law passed last year mandating a charge for bags has been suspended.

No matter what is done to money to make it less filthy, it really is.
                  Two per week? We use two per day in my house.

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
                    Two per week? We use two per day in my house.
                    The box is cleaned every day, but goes into a special container, and that is only emptied once a week.

Unless you have a lot of cats...we fostered a diabetic cat for a few months, and that was a very different experience.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                      For an illness that “us people can’t get because we aren’t Chinese”.... and that’s a quote by the way.
                      That'll be a great comfort to the widow of my friend. My blond, blue-eyed friend. Wow, has it been over 3 months already?
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                        That'll be a great comfort to the widow of my friend. My blond, blue-eyed friend. Wow, has it been over 3 months already?
                        Yeah, I’ve got a friend with a compromised immune system. If she gets it then she will die, no if’s ands or but’s about it. She’s been terrified to leave the house for months. She’s also a blonde, you know that colour that’s like dark gold. Really how about we stick all the people who believe they’re SpEcIaL in a room with the people who don’t believe it exists and see what’s happens

Comment

More deaths

My landlady's cousin also died of the virus. Jamaican, black hair, brown eyes, clearly not Chinese. This virus does not care about how immune you think you are or what race you belong to.

Comment

creeps in and takes an empty rocking chair, sipping some tea

O_O
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              creeps in and takes an empty rocking chair, sipping some tea

O_O
                              Steals tea. Replaces it with alcohol.

Also, I’m totally stealing some of your quotes to add to my list of quotes. Just fyi

Comment

Working...
                              X