Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you thought airlines losing luggage was bad ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you thought airlines losing luggage was bad ...

Imagine having a window seat and seeing this.

Still loading the story (@#$%^& dialup), but from the URL it looks like life imitates art (if you can call "Snakes on a Plane" art).
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I just feel bad for the poor thing; wish they had noticed it on the ground and removed it before it froze to death.

But it will have the most AWESOME story when it gets to animal heaven.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

That poor snake.

I'm with Lillfilly; I wish someone had noticed it before takeoff. I hope they gave it a nice burial or something.
        my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
        it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

As someone who likes snakes, I felt sorry for the poor thing too. Too bad somebody didn't notice it and pry it loose before takeoff.

Comment

That poor thing. They should have called an emergency landing. It was not only a danger to itself but to the plane.

Comment

I've been watching endless episodes of Air Crash Investigation and similar shows on YouTube (thank goodness I'm not getting on a plane anytime soon ...)

There comes a point in the takeoff process where the pilot cannot abort the takeoff without risking everybody on board -- for example, they may no longer have enough runway left to safely stop (that was what happened in the Concorde crash of July 2000). It doesn't seem clear here at what point people noticed the snake, and at what point the crew (and the pilot) were made aware of it.

Comment

Also, except on short flights, a plane that's just taken off is too heavy to land. If they'd spotted the snake after reaching V1 (the speed beyond which they don't have enough runway to abort the takeoff), they'd have to climb to a high enough altitude that they'd be able to jettison fuel (i.e. high enough that it would evaporate before hitting the ground), dump enough fuel to get below maximum landing weight, and descend to approach height before they could land. From what I remember of the story, with the length of flight involved they wouldn't have saved much time by returning to the airport of origin, and it would have thrown schedules out of whack for little or no gain.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X