Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Closed Thread

Shouldn't she have told us she died?
Old 01-21-2020, 10:57 PM
Highly Trained Professional

Default Shouldn't she have told us she died?

Had a customer today tell me how sorry she was to hear about the coworker that passed away... A little while later, the woman was waiting for a photo order and brought it up again. She gave some details that did describe a coworker but she worked this morning and she seemed pretty alive for a ghost.

The woman got embarrassed and said not to say anything. Sorry, lady this story is just too good not to pass along. I'll also be sure to let my ghost worker know about her situation.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:38 AM
Computer Geek

Quote:
Quoth Trixie View Post
Had a customer today tell me how sorry she was to hear about the coworker that passed away... A little while later, the woman was waiting for a photo order and brought it up again. She gave some details that did describe a coworker but she worked this morning and she seemed pretty alive for a ghost.

The woman got embarrassed and said not to say anything. Sorry, lady this story is just too good not to pass along. I'll also be sure to let my ghost worker know about her situation.
Wow. That's a seriously strong work ethic! You'd think that someone would finally retire after they died.

Old 01-22-2020, 12:12 PM

The funny part is, this coworker might come in to finish stuff because she's a hard worker. But yeah, I doubt anybody likes their job enough to come in after they die.

Old 01-22-2020, 01:05 PM
Professional Geek

Quote:
Quoth Trixie View Post
The funny part is, this coworker might come in to finish stuff because she's a hard worker. But yeah, I doubt anybody likes their job enough to come in after they die.
Well, if it's a dead end job they might.

Old 01-22-2020, 03:19 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Quote:
Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
Wow. That's a seriously strong work ethic! You'd think that someone would finally retire after they died.
Pff. As if your average retail manager would accept some petty excuse like that for not showing up on time.

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 01-22-2020, 06:02 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Pff. As if your average retail manager would accept some petty excuse like that for not showing up on time.
Yeah, so many retail managers would show up to the funeral, pounding the casket and sobbing, "How could you do this to us? We're so short-staffed today!"

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 01-22-2020, 06:48 PM
Professional Geek

Quote:
Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
Yeah, so many retail managers would show up to the funeral, pounding the casket and sobbing, "How could you do this to us? We're so short-staffed today!"
Hell, some are so vindictive, that they will send a Necromancer to you, and then charge you and/or your family for it.

Old 01-22-2020, 09:12 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Quote:
Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
Hell, some are so vindictive, that they will send a Necromancer to you, and then charge you and/or your family for it.
Oh, dear Gord, imagine if the cheap-ass retail industry DID have access to Necromancy. They'd never pay anyone again! ("Hey now, labor laws only apply to the living! Besides, you've only been on for 72 hours straight! Get back to work! . . . Hey you! I told you to face those shelves! I don't care if your arm fell off, use it to grab the stock off of the top! And no more eating customers! It makes our insurance rates go up!")

"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 01-22-2020, 10:07 PM

These comments are cracking me up! I broke the news to my coworker today about her passing. She took it well. Everyone got a chuckle out of it including my store manager. I told my coworker the woman's name and she knew who it was. She said the woman was a bit of a flake. Somewhere along the line the communication got messed up. At least this gave us a good laugh.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:41 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

"I'm not dead!"

Closed Thread