Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people shouldn't drink. (Very long and full of foul language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people shouldn't drink. (Very long and full of foul language)

The story takes place in the early morning, at a 24hr petrol station. Rather similar to the one i work at. It happened, amazingly enough, to a person who looks rather intrigingly like me. Anyway.. here it is.

A taxi pulls up to the door, which opens automatically. A man enters, shambling into the store rather unsteadily. The person behind the counter knows exactly why he is rather bad at walking currently. The man is COMPLETELY SH*TFACED. Drunk, for those who don't know, or like seeing swearing. (Better stop reading here. It gets worse.)
    The man is hungry, as most rather drunk people tend to get.

He sees what he has come for. The food.

The (dashingly handsome) man behind the counter leaves to do some work outside, and to interact with the taxi driver while doing so. After a while... he notices that the drunk guy seems to be taking a long long time to leave the store. Eventually, he has to reenter the store, and knows exactly what is coming next.

The drunk is, as some drunks can get, ANGRY. BELLIGERENT. Why?

His eftpos card wouldn't swipe through either of our terminals, or our cashout machine. This made him, as I mentioned above, BELLIGERENT.

Eventually, after ranting at my collegue, who, as per policy, wouldn't give the food over without payment, and began serving others, he got handed over to me. (All the while ranting and raving. An example - Fuck this! THIS IS BULLSHIT! MY CARD WON'T WORK ON YOUR SHITTY MACHINES!) I pretty much just tried what my collegue tried, again. And then, I tried to enter the card numbers in the 'swipe error - please enter details manually' screen. Which didn't work either. It wouldn't allow a savings account. I tried 3 times. After this, and while still swearing and being a whiny little shit, he goes and tries to get some money from the taxi driver to pay. He shut the door of the car, which made me hope and pray that he would just leave and give up.

But it is not to be. He come back, and attempts to wear me down some more, saying things along the lines of 'IT WAS WORKING AT THE OTHER SERVICE POINT! NOW YOU DRAG ME OVER HERE! YOU'RE NOT VERY GOOD AT YOUR FUCKING JOB ARE YOU? Suddenly the dashing person behind the counter has a vision of the man catching alight for no reason whatsoever, and roasting slowly, painfully, as people laugh and roast marshmellows. Sadly, this wish doesn't occur. Dashing man states that he started using the other service point because the card DID NOT in fact work where he just was, OR ELSE HE WOULD BE FREE OF THE PAIN OF DEALING WITH SUCH AN ASSHOLE. Well... I.. I mean, he said part of that. But at this point, feeling rather raw and angry himself, and being accosted by a complete jerk, he finally just gives up, fills out a manual transaction form, hurriedly and fakely, just to get the man out of the store.

Sadly, I was worn down. I just didn't want to deal with his drunken anger any more, and took the only option I could to get him out of the store without any more of a situation developing. The annoying thing was that I completely forgot, in my rage, which I managed to keep a check on, was that I didn't even consider, or remember, that I could have called security in to remove him. I only remembered we even had security when the guard checked in 10 minutes later.

(Edit - Broken up to be less daunting to read.)
    Last edited by Sir Spaniard the 12th; 07-13-2006, 11:04 PM.
    3 Basic rules for ordering food.
    - Order from the menu.
    - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
    - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Quoth Sir Spaniard the 12th
    The story takes place in the early morning, at a 24hr petrol station. Rather similar to the one i work at. It happened, amazingly enough, to a person who looks rather intrigingly like me.
    You have a twin, too??

Belligerent drunk people are NOT cool.

Funny drunk people are, however.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X