X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lovely frustration dump

Wii/PS3

No, we don't have any Wii/PS3s. No, we don't know when we'll be getting any more in. I know for a fact that you're lying when you say Gamestop has them because you would have bought it there and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Again, we don't know when we'll be getting more. We don't know until they come off the truck. I don't care that your son/daughter is going to be disappointed at Christmas. You can keep checking every few days, suck it up like an adult and accept that we don't always get what we want when we want it.

Gift Cards

I don't know if you've heard about this scandal. People write down the numbers off gift cards and any security PINs. Then wait until the card has been activated and use the funds before the customer that activated said card knows about it. Our cards won't work unless you scratch off some irreplacable silver backing, like a lottery ticket. I have had several customers argue with me that we're going to get hit because they swear up and down that the silver backing can be peeled off and replaced like a sticker. And they refuse to believe me because I only handle them every day and we keep the card rack out in the open to watch for just such a scam being conducted. And I only say no less than twenty times that the intact silver backing means that it's still legit.

The Power Button

This only happened today, but it pissed me off. I was working on a laptop that would not power on. I saw that the casing around the power button was loose, which is evidence of being dropped, but not conclusive proof. So I called the customer to get authorization to send it off to our service center. (They probably won't service it, but I'll let them break the bad news because I don't feel like catching hell for something that's her screw-up.) The woman proceeded to bitch at me because it powered on "just fine" when she checked it in. That may have been the case then, but it wasn't powering on now. And, of course, she's "not a technical person", so she can not comprehend the phrase "will not power on." And she swears up and down that she will not buy a new computer or spend any money to get her computer fixed. All I'm trying to do is get her authorization so I can send it to people that will fix this laptop that she's obviously too stupid to use.

Twenty minutes later, she calls me again and talks down to me as if I'm a child. Then she gets her son on the phone, who sounds like she pulled him away from his bong session. He explains that it will power on with the Quickplay button. But that only will bring up the media/DVD player part of the OS, not the OS itself. I tried to explain to him, in very small words, that powering on his laptop and getting to his normal OS requires the use of the POWER BUTTON. And it needs to go to the service center anyway because the casing around it is loose and it has other problems that only the service center can fix. I finally got authorization to send it off, dumped it the shipping queue and promptly slit my wrists.
    A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Quoth Tigress View Post
    ... and promptly slit my wrists.
    NOOOO don't do it! She's not worth it!
    No good news is good bad news

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
      You can keep checking every few days, suck it up like an adult and accept that we don't always get what we want when we want it.

Okay, everyone sing it with me and Mick....

You cant always get what you want
      But if you try sometimes you just might find
      You get what you need

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Okay, everyone sing it with me and Mick....

But if you try sometimes you just might find
        You get what you need
        WOW! That's exactly what I started to sing. WHen I was a child, everytime I would beg, plead, whine for something, my mom would start to sing that song!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Similiarly I've had this phone call more than once lately.

Me: answers phone
          voice: "Do you carry PS3 games?"
          Me: "Yes."
          voice: "Do you have them in stock?"
          Me: "Yes. What title are you wanting specifically?"
          voice: "....... huh?"
          Me: "Which game are you looking for?"
          voice: "PS3."
          Me: "Do you want games or systems?"
          voice: "Systems."
          Me: "Nope. We don't carry them."
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Honey, suicide is not the answer.

Murder is the answer.

Comment

Working...
            X