This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jetfire View Post
    Actually unless something has changed recently, in Canada only colas can be caffinated. So clear drinks (like Sprite) are caffine free.
    Well down here, Sprite and 7-Up and the like ARE caffeine free. Just wonder what Canada defines as "cola." Mountain Dew is not truly clear, it is green, and heavily caffeinated. Sunkist and Barq's are sodas whose style (orange and root beer, respectively) are normally not caffeinated, though those brands are. Do they not sell those brands up there, or are they defined as colas, since they are not clear? Just wondering.

Quoth Rahmota View Post
    Jester; feel free to do so. Though I doubt their reaction will be as nice as mine was. unless you can still pull of the cute puppy dog eyes a 6 year old can.
    I can't do that, but I DID earn my "Jester" moniker by barhopping in a jester's hat (and actually pulling it off quite well), and I DO have the ability to say offensive things to people and not get them offended....so we shall see. That being said, I probably would not try the "sip at the bottom" with anyone who wasn't a friend.

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
    I don't need caffeine because I've been told many time that I manufacture my own. I can bounce just fine by myself thank you very much .
    Those words could be used to describe me. Countless have been the coworkers of mine that, after they saw me in full swing at work, were not only surprised but downright shocked to find out that I don't do drugs or any caffeine.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

My oldest son will calm right now if he has caffeine, it's strange to watch.
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Well down here, Sprite and 7-Up and the like ARE caffeine free. Just wonder what Canada defines as "cola." Mountain Dew is not truly clear, it is green, and heavily caffeinated. Sunkist and Barq's are sodas whose style (orange and root beer, respectively) are normally not caffeinated, though those brands are. Do they not sell those brands up there, or are they defined as colas, since they are not clear? Just wondering.
        Up here, Mountain Dew is Caffine Free, as are all clear (translucent) pops and juices. Rootbeers could be caffenated if the company wanted to. Orange pops are also caffeine free.

Don't have enough time to google up the appropriate restrictions, and there are apparantly some indications it may have been lifted recently too. But MD is free of Caffeine up here.

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
          Cute story:
          One morning I had my cup of coffee and he came over and asked if he could have a drink. I said yeah and he took and chugged the cup! I said "I thought you wanted a drink." His response. "My drink was on the bottom."
          Had he been watching any Laurel and Hardy just before that? I'm sure they did that gag once.

Rapscallion

Comment

So does A&W cream soda. In both cases, that's the only brand of that flavor I'm aware of that has caffeine.
            IBC cream soda has caffeine as well... but their root beer doesn't.
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
              IBC cream soda has caffeine as well... but their root beer doesn't.
              What? No. Please, please, please, by all that is holy on heaven and earth, don't tell me that ALL cream sodas have caffeine!!!!!!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Yep, pretty much all cream sodas have caffiene.
                Like IBC- A&W cream soda/sparkling vanilla cream soda has it but their root beer is caffiene free.
                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                HellGate: London

Comment

Now I have to go find a cream soda that does not have caffeine. I am counting on Dr. Brown's to rescue me here. Not that I drink a lot of cream soda...I don't...but I like to be ABLE to from time to time.

Still A Customer."

Comment

i'm pretty sure that our cream soda in south africa isn't caffeinated. neither is our fanta and fizzy fruit juices. we have red bull and coke and mountain dew and stuff too
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Now I have to go find a cream soda that does not have caffeine. I am counting on Dr. Brown's to rescue me here. Not that I drink a lot of cream soda...I don't...but I like to be ABLE to from time to time.
                      Jones Soda Co does NOT caffinate the root beer or cream soda.

http://www.jonessoda.com/files_new/sodas.html
                      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

The most reliable way to tell if a soft drink has caffeine is to check the ingredient list.

If you don't see coffee, tea or caffeine listed, then chances are that it doesn't have enough caffeine to affect you.
                        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Rapscallion: No Idea about that. I'm more of a three stooges/marx brothers fan than L&H so i know he didnt see it here.

Dips et al: Also just FYI the ingredients are listed in the order of greatest to least percentage ratio of the ingredient.

Comment

Working...
                          X