X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really an SC...

But still somewhat dense.

Hillbilly Jim and his wife approach the paint desk where I am assisting another customer. They wait for a little bit for me to finish, and Hillbilly Jim asks me, in full suthern drawl, "Kin yer hep us witta seelin fans?"
    I tell him that I would be more than happy to page an associate in electrical for him.
    "But yew can't come oba dere? I's gots a few quetiens."
    I tell him that I can't leave my department, as I am the only person working there (for the 4th week in a row, on busy busy weekends). I again tell them I can page someone that works in electrical for them. I pick up the phone and call electrical.
    Meanwhile, Hillbilly Jim leaves to go back to the ceiling fans, leaving the wife there.
    *I call him Hillbilly Jim because he looks like Hillbilly Jim, the classic WWF wrestler, but smaller, shorter and not so many teeth*
    I finish the phone call and walk back to the wife (who has more hair on her chin than I do) and tell her "He's busy with 2 other customers at the moment, but he will be there in a few minutes." She thanks me and walks to the fans.

About 10 minutes later I'm down one of my aisles, stocking caulk and adhesives. I'm kneeling down, back turned when I hear "Hey! Heeeeeeyyyyyyyy!" I look up and back and see Mrs. Hillbilly (MH) coming down the aisle. "Hey!" she says again.
    Me: "Yes, ma'am?"
    MH: "Hey!"
    Me: "YES, ma'am?"
    MH: "Hey. Is he done yet?"
    Me: "Who would that be?"
    MH: "The seelin fan guy? Is he done yet?"
    Me: "Is he there?"
    MH: "No."
    Me: "Then probably not."
    MH: "Oh. Ok. How long til he's done?"
    Me: "I have no idea, ma'am. I don't know where he is or whom he's helping."
    MH: "Ok. When he gets here, tell him I'm at the seelin fans."
    Me: "uhhh.. Okaayy."

And off she goes, never to be seen by Knightmare again. Now, the questions:
    1. Why would they come to the paint department for help with ceiling fans? I was probably the first associate they saw, more than likely. Also, my dept. is 2 depts away from electrical.
    2. Why did she keep saying "hey," especially when I was directly in front of her?
    3. Why did she ask me if the dude from electrical was done yet? How would I know that? I work over here, he works over there. We don't tell each other what we are doing or where we are going. If he hasn't shown up yet, chances are he's not done with the other customers.
    4. Why would electrical dude come over to paint when he was done? Don't you think he'd just go to where the ceiling fans are, where I told him you would be?
    All questions are rhetorical. No need for answers, unless you would like to answer them.

As I said, not really SCs. More of the "Head Scratcher" type.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."
Working...
X