This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The devil is in the details."

I had another reminder the other day that there is no limit to the stupidity of the average customer... and that people will go to unimaginable lengths to make complete fools out of themselves.

Background: It was a very slow morning in the store. It was more or less a monsoon outside and we'd seen only a few customers in the hour or so we'd been open so I was hanging out on the sales floor, out of the tech room, talking with some coworkers when a customer storms in with their BlackBerry. From the way he opened the door I know this might be entertaining.

CS = Customer
    Me = Yours truly

CS: [Tosses his phone down onto the counter] Yea this phone is junk.
    Me: Well lets take a look here and see what we can do. What's going on with it?
    CS: I just got it less than three weeks ago and the earpiece is out, you can barely hear it.
    Me: [Immediately sees what is wrong] Well I see -
    CS: Look! This phone is very important to my business...
    Me: []
    CS: It's not working, I just bought it, you need to fix this right now or let me out of my contract and I'll go get an iPhone because this is ridiculous.
    Me: Okay well you see this -
    CS: Look - just exchange it. You can see I take care of it look I have it in this case you sold me and I even spent an hour putting the [bleeping] screen protector on it.
    Me: Yea, about that. Your screen protector is covering the earpiece.
    CS: [Takes a long pause while he studies the plastic over the earpiece] Well that's a stupid design.
    Me: The devil is in the details.
    Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.
Working...
X