This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does This Arrow Mean?

One of our offices had its roof collapse in heavy rain flooding the work areas.
    Being on good terms with neighbouring businesses they managed to set up in a neighbouring shop a few doors down, offering what services they could untill the problem was sorted out.

They put a big sign on the door "Owing to flooding we are currently located two doors down at number xx - plus a BIG arrow sign pointing"

Outside number xx they also put up a streetsign saying "xxx company is located here temporarily". This sign could be read from the front door of the shut building.

All call agents reported recieving calls of the type "I''ve just been to your office on xxx street, its shut, what do I do now"

they were even saying things like "So they get the day off just because of a flood"

As if Those who could not work at the temporary place due to lack of room had to stay in/near the flooded workplace trying to dry things out, helping maintenance men with their questions while they bailed the water out, making electrics safe, calling various workmen, insurance on building, etc etc.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

People just don't read signs any more. "Illiterate" means "can't read"; these people are "aliterate", and they WON'T read.

I purchased an old courthouse from Dona Ana County in New Mexico. I put up several signs saying "this facility is now PRIVATE PROPERTY", white and yellow lettering on a red background.

The result? I could've made a fortune collecting property tax payments and marrying couples.

Comment

Working...
    X