This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth firecat88 View Post
    Wow. O.o The horror stories in this thread make me kinda (really) glad I'm still single and apparently not flirting-with material (Not sure if it's the wheelchair, the bookworm status, or the obsession with music and music theatre that turns guys off)
    Nah, lame guys are just intimidated by all of that. Wheelchairs because they haven't dealt with them before, Bookworm status because intelligent girls are scary, music because their taste usually sucks, and musical theater because, well, maybe they're just not secure enough in their own sexuality to be tempted by the mirth and pageantry of musical theater. Well that and you live between two weirdo religious states. No offense to normal religious people but you know the ones I'm talking about. But forget those lame dudes that are too scared to ask you out. The problem is with them, not you.

Comment

firecat, I have to go with Sarcastro on that score. You just have to be patient. If there is one person out there meant to be with you, they will find you, or you will find them, or something. Once you stop looking (even if you don't think you are, it's still subconciously there; i've been/am still there, it's hard to stop) something will come your way

Sarcastro: in regards to the creepy lady-parts-pictures lady... *shudder* thats just... no. You don't try to snare someone with that. No. *shudder* Ya gotta leave something to the imagination. I'm crazy (and amply curvy, apparently) but even I wouldn't stoop so low as to do that to someone I might like, on the off-chance he is intriqued rather than disgusted. Just... ugh!

Who has the brain bleach? I think I need the Super-Extra-Strength solution!
      it's just...
      "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
      ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Boobie-pic-taking-co-worker isn't bad looking by any stretch of the imagination but I don't care how good looking she is, her personality makes me want to give her a referral to a good psychologist. Personality and heart will always beat looks. Now I know why she's always complaining about being single. At first I thought it was one of those *hint hint* things but apparently it's true. But jeez, everyone always borrowing my phone to play on it so if I had given it to someone and they saw what was on it, that would have put me in a much more awkward position than I'm in now. What if I had been showing pictures of my baby nephew to my boss and "oops, uh, I can explain........ hmmm, no... no I can't actually... "

The worst thing about it is that people are asking me what's up between her and I. I don't want to be a jerk so I don't mention any of these things to them but we're starting to get noticed and that's not a good thing. I put in for a transfer so hopefully I'll be getting it soon and won't have to deal with phones, customers, or... "her". And I'll be making double what I'm making now in a union job. Let's see if 4th application's the charm.
        Last edited by Sarcastro; 10-08-2010, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Crossing my fingers for your transfer!

Quoth Sarcastro View Post
          The worst thing about it is that people are asking me what's up between her and I. I don't want to be a jerk so I don't mention any of these things to them
          Pointing out reality isn't being a jerk. "I'm really not interested in her but she won't leave me alone."

Comment

Personality and heart will always beat looks.
            A million times this.

In high school I had a crush on a kid that was absolutely gorgeous. And he knew it. And he was a complete and utter douchebag. Once I figured that out, he stopped being even cute, 'cause all I could think was, "What a douchebag."
            The worst thing about it is that people are asking me what's up between her and I. I don't want to be a jerk so I don't mention any of these things to them but we're starting to get noticed and that's not a good thing.
            Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
            Pointing out reality isn't being a jerk. "I'm really not interested in her but she won't leave me alone."
            Totally. Don't just stay mum, because that will make people wonder what you're not saying.

You don't have to tell anybody about the creepy stuff she's pulled, just that there's nothing up and nothing's going to be up and that it's all on her side.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Was just reading this thread and saw this a few pages ago-

And yeah, Dr. Who fans are everywhere! If that makes me a geek, that's cool...
              To which I must say- Bowties are also cool.

And Sarcastro, I also thought I'd never find someone for me until she gave me a wink on the dating site I was trying at the time- I hadn't been active on it for 6 months and she found me anyway. So don't give up hope yet, you'll find someone!

Comment

Dr. Who is amazing.
                And, I have convinced my husband as such.
                I give redheads a run for their money on crazy though, I let my husband know before we even went on a date (we were together though) that I would stab him if he messed with me, or cheated, or anything. He even waited three years for me to be allowed to date by my parents, and then another few months for me to decide that yeah, I was cool with dating him. So yeah, the crazies will find each other, and much happiness will be found.
                We'll be married for a year in November.
                Don't give up. Eventually someone will come along and be like "Oh hey, you're the same crazy as me!" and you will be happy.
                Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Being "psycho" is simply a rational response to the crazy world we live in with its crazy and unrealistic rules.

How can anyone live authentically if they think they need to play by the rules of what is seen as "Normal?"

I was very lucky to find someone who was honest and crazy too--crazy enough to NOT live by the Mating Rules. (And I found him online amidst other "crazy" people.) Part of that is settling for someone who does not look like the picture in your head of what a "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" is "supposed to" look like. In fact, throw away all notions of "supposed to." And don't entertain anyone who adheres to it. In fact, don't date. That's part of the ritualistic psycho rules of normalcy. Stop looking, stop looking to be completed, don't fall for the bullshit.

Comment

There's a difference between being a 'little' nuts and, 'Holy s**t, do I need to call the cops' nuts...

I just avoid all the bulls**t...but...I'll tell you what drives them (nuts females) absolutely insane? Them constantly chasing chasing chasing you...and your gay. Your not even interested in the slightest. It is kind of amusing the lengths they will go to though.

Comment

The problem I guess is that I'm not really looking and the ones that are finding me are the scary ones. I date whoever asks because I figure it's worth a shot and it beats sitting around playing Call of Duty and drinking with my buddies. I don't need anyone to complete me or anything. It's just the type that I attract seem to be a bit off and nothing seems to click. And since most of my waking hours are spent at work that's where they find me. A little crazy is ok since it makes for great conversation and it's usually a sign of creativity. But if it gets to "I was thinking of you and painted a portrait of you out of my own blood and feces" then that's a bit too much. There has to be a happy medium. I've creeped women out too so I can't say I'm completely innocent of that myself. In my defense though some people have absolutely zero sarcasm detection abilities or sense of humor. Since I tend to pick up on the 'creeped-out' look I usually explain that it was just a joke/sarcasm and in reality I have neither the desire or intention of throwing the misbehaving child in the restaurant into the lobster tank.

I guess since I was the fat guy in highschool with tons of friends that were girls but no one that I could call a girlfriend I sort of got use to just taking whatever came along regardless of how incompatible. After losing a bunch of weight and taking care of myself and actually having some confidence and self esteem I guess that's one of the things that stuck behind from those days. I'll still date and take a chance to see if there's any compatibility but if there isn't then there's not much use trying to fit into the mold of someone's expectations. I'm just going to be me in all my nerdy glory and if she doesn't like that then I'm sure she can find a different guy that won't have to pretend to not be bored/enraged when she insists on watching Jersey Shore with them.

This thread wasn't me complaining about dying alone or anything. Just frustration with the types that seemed to gravitate toward me at work. I'm sure once I get out of this city I'll stumble across someone that gets me. Well, there was one but she decided that the emotionally distant guy that can't hold a job for more than three months and constantly argues with her is a more suitable guy than her best friend since middle school working his way into a better job with his company of five years who shares virtually all of the same interests as her. Buuuuuut I'm not bitter or anything. Old news is old and there's someone else out there like her but without the whole "taking me for granted" thing. Hopefully we'll run into each other some day but until then I have to go back to fending off psychos.

Comment

Sarcastro, there are women out there who will get your sense of humor. I'm one of them. I would totally laugh at some crack about putting misbehaving kids in the lobster tank. (The visual is hilarious--I picture the kid as one you'd find in a Far Side cartoon). You're funny and intelligent. You will find someone.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh I've found someone. She's incredible. There's sort of a distance issue but that will be alleviated soon hopefully but she's perfect. And all I had to do was complain incessantly. Maybe customers have the right idea. Complain enough and you'll get exactly what you're looking for. May need to start complaining about having a n old car to see if one eventually finds it's way into my life. I'll monkey around with that idea and see if it works. But I have to say the more I talk to her the more Awesome I realize she is.

Comment

I complain all the time; not working for me. Yay for you, though.

Comment

I complain all the time; not working for me. Yay for you, though. Oh, and story, please.

Comment

yes Sarcastro, story please!
                                "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                                ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Working...
                                X