This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bradester View Post
    A question for you, off topic. I've had a few people tell me that white shepherds tend to be more nervous and snappish. I'm definitely no GSD expert, but my experience working in a kennel gave the theory some credence. What do you think?
    I haven't head this.

It's terrible what overbreeding has done to the German Shepherd (and the cocker spaniel, and the Labrador, and the golden retriever, etc., etc.). I'm so happy you realize the importance of proper breeding.
    My wife wants to do her 3rd breeding to a GSD known as "Dallas" who is severely overbred now (a repeat of Lance of Fran-Jo). I'm against it, we can get better studs for $1500.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

The stud is staying with us for a few days to try and get a "natural" breeding but we've already done one artificial insemination. We think she is going to be receptive for another day or two and we have 2 more appointments with the vet for another AI.

The stud is a sweet boy but I know he would kick someone @$$ if they threatened him, or us (that's the advantage of living wiht a SchH3 dog).
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

KIRI IS PREGNANT!!!!

The vet saw 4-5 puppies in there but she is going back in a few weeks to "count skulls and spines".
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

YAY KIRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pregnant mamma photos? I love puppy-filled bellies, and so rarely do I get to see them in a happy situation versus, "Hey, Saydrah, here's a pregnant dog I don't want, can you take it?"
          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
            YAY KIRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pregnant mamma photos? I love puppy-filled bellies, and so rarely do I get to see them in a happy situation versus, "Hey, Saydrah, here's a pregnant dog I don't want, can you take it?"
            She looks normal right now but here is her ultrasound from today.

Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Apparently a police officer in a nearby town is interested in one of her puppies to be is K9 and another may go to someone as a service dog.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Is that a wee baby service dog in mama's tummy? I THINK IT IS!!!

*snorgles the unborn puppehs*

Comment

Service dog, police K9? Perhaps.

She is at 35 days now and is seriously slowing down. She's also getting wide.

Roughly 4 more weeks!
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

One more bit of good news, Ginger (our Finish spitz) is in heat! Our agreement with the breeder is that we have her and she needs to be bred hear next heat (now). We'll keep one puppy (the pick) and Ginger and the litter will go back to the breeder. Finish Spitz usually have 2-3 puppies in their liter.

My wife is going to try to have Kiri raise the spitz puppies since puppies tend to take a lot of the personality of the mother. Ginger is skiddish and not too confident while Kiri is extremely confident. She wants to see how far she can take a spitz working (herding, schtuzhund, agility, obedience). She has the chance to be "the first" in a lot of avenues with this breed since it is not too popular.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Kiri's belly is getting BIG!!!
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

PUPPIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
                        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

My wife has an appointment with the vet on the 19th for x-rays to count skulls and spines.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I demand belly pics!

Comment

Kiri is due mid to late next week, she has an appointment this week to be x-rayed to count skulls and spines.
                              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

We got our puppy care kit in today from Royal Canin (we're signed up as a breeder with them). Some food, a puppy book, even a journal.

Also..

I FELT KICKING
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X