This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Soo Welcome Sir

It was the night before the Fourth and the hotel was booked up. I get a call from a woman asking me to call a local eatery to change their resercation from 2 people to four. Normally I would calmly inform them of the phone book in their room and let them do it themselves, but she sounded a little too drunk to handle it. So I do so the hostess says no problem but they will have to seat them in the bar.

I call the room to inform them but alas no answer, I go out and sure enough they are sitting in front of their rooms drinking wine. I approach them and this conversation ensues

NH:Nice Husband
    NW:Nice Wife
    DL: The drunk lady who called me
    DH: DL's drunk hubby
    Me: Totally Adorable

Me: Were one of you the lady who called to ask me to change the reservation
    DL:Yes, is everything okay?
    NW: You made the front desk clerk change the reservation, that is rude. I'm sorry she did that.
    Me: No prob they say they can change the res but you will be seated at the bar
    DL: I don't mind, that's fine
    NH: You walked all the way out here to tell us this. Bless your heart. (Hands me a 5$ bill
    DL:Thank you (pulls out another 5 and hands it over)
    DH: I wanna be seated at the table, not a bar stool
    Me: They have tables in the bar
    DH: They better if we get seated at the bar, I'm coming back and taking my tip back
    NW: You just shut your mouth, that was uncalled for
    NH: Thank you for your help, don't worry about him, he's drunk
    DL: Yes thank you, I'm sorry for my hubby
    DH: I just don't wanna be seated at the bar, what's her problem?

I walked off hearing the pleasant sounds of the other three berating DH for his rude behavior.
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 07-26-2006, 02:37 AM.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Thank goodness for the sober people, huh?
    At least if they're seated at the bar the drunks will be closer to their liqour.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

Yeah, they totally NEED to be seated at the bar. DUH on them.
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Makes it easier for the bartender to fling free peanuts at their heads. Less distance=greater accuracy. Plus, you only have to reach out a few feet to pull their head down into the bar, as opposed to walking out to the table to do so...
        (No, I don't condone these acts. Unless, of course, they are deserved.)
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

In his case, I totally condone it. I've dealt with my fair share of drunks in a hotel environment and I really think that those experiences are what made me hate stupid people so much.
          "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
          X