• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should have shot her first.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

HATE is not a strong enough word for how I feel about Twilight.

I must have that shirt.

Comment

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/474

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
          I have zero respect for an author that is too big of a wimp to kill off any of their best characters. Period.
          Exactly. When I had a co-author for this fanfic I'm working on, she was aghast at the fact that I would actually let the characters get hurt (sometimes very badly). I think the only reason she jumped on board is so she could "fix" what she saw as beating up on her favorite character.

"But you're the writer!" Yes, that has been established...and? She eventually got pissed off and stomped away
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

you know the first three books where... ok not bad but actually very nice alittle bit of an old style to them and i read them happily just for the fun of reading a girlly book
            the forth i couldnt get past the jacob chapter because honestly edward and jacob tlaking about bella having jacobs babies creee dme out.

but i dont get into twilight fights

Comment

Oh, no! Don't get me wrong guys, I'm DEFINITELY not saying there's nothing wrong with Twilight. And the thing is, I -agree- that they shouldn't sparkle as well.

It's just I hate that that particular argument pops up over and over and over instead of any other argument that's MORE important. It's the argument that jumps straight to the front, most popular with people who haven't actually read the book and are hating it just to hate it.

Comment

hah that was funny
                and yes i'm a twilight fan.
                (but hey i like sick humor)

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
                  Oh, no! Don't get me wrong guys, I'm DEFINITELY not saying there's nothing wrong with Twilight. And the thing is, I -agree- that they shouldn't sparkle as well.

It's just I hate that that particular argument pops up over and over and over instead of any other argument that's MORE important. It's the argument that jumps straight to the front, most popular with people who haven't actually read the book and are hating it just to hate it.
                  Silly people; haven't they ever heard of the saying "Know thy enemy?" XD Cuz I have read it, and think it's pants; I can argue far better than most of these people on the subject. Take my list, for example. XD
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

I came across this quote by Kurt Vonnegut today and it reminded me of this thread and made me LOL. (No, im not personally attacking anyone.)

Any reviewer who expresses rage and loathing for a novel is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

Comment

that's awesome. KV jr is a riot.

Comment

Ah, but the Twilight books don't qualify as novels, in my opinion. XD They're drivel, which can be attacked at will.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

w00t! Late to the party! XD

And this is why vampires (hell, ANYONE) shouldn't glitter:
                          http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/glitterdust.htm

-40 to Hide? Ouch.

So I'll admit, I've never and probably never will read Twilight (atleast considering that I still have The Princess Bride, The Screwtape Letters, and Frankenstein on queue). However, for those who have read the stories, can anyone give me an indication of how strong Edward actually is?

I just keeping picturing the vampire girl I draw breaking his nose with a punch. Not for any reason, either. Just out of the blue.. >BAM!<

...I think I need to go to sleep. <_< Oh, and when it comes to vampire fiction, am I the only one who thought that the ending to Queen of the Damned felt rather anticlimatic? I don't remember Dracula's ending all that well, aside from his death not being what I expected, either.
                          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

soo...i'm normally all "girl power" and junk. hate it when female characters act like morons cuz of a dude. not to brag, but i was reading at a college level in middle school. i read twilight in a day.

and i'm nuts over it. not as insane as the rioters and i'm not gonna stalk the actors or anything, but i loooved reading the first book and can't wait to borrow the rest of the series. it's good for a day off. curled up with a beer and twilight and just lost myself in the absurdity of it all. i'd totally go see new moon if i weren't afraid of the fan girls.

that said, i don't remember where i saw this, but it made me giggle:
                            he's pretty.
                            he sparkles.
                            he lives in the forest.
                            he doesn't eat people
                            edward's not a vampire...
                            he's a bloomin' fairy!
                            If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                            ^_^

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                              Vampires DO NOT SPARKLE.
                              AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but in my books Vampires are meant to be classy, and bad ass scary. I don't care if one of the vampires from Twilight threatened to tear me apart. IF they were sparkling I would be laughing my ass off and calling them a pussy!
                              I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                                he's pretty.
                                he sparkles.
                                he lives in the forest.
                                he doesn't eat people
                                edward's not a vampire...
                                he's a bloomin' fairy!
                                Actually, Twilight really is more of a Fairy Tale than a vampire series.
                                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                                HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                                X