Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh I hate that! I work at starbucks and usually i dont have enough to make change for them, so when they give me that syrup sweet smile i know why: we have a just say yes policy and we're supposed to comp them. And boy oh boy are there a bunch of assholes who like to scam a free drink.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      I wish MY grandma sent me $100 for my birthday.

She barely even sends me a Christmas card anymore...and when she does, I can count on getting it in time for Valentine's Day.
      Ha, mine too! I'm almost 21, and the birthday cards coming from my great grandma are later and later....and always contain a whopping 10 bucks! But hey, some kids DO get $100 in their cards!!! Spoiled assholes
      "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Wow...my christmas card from my grandma had a $10 bill in it...
        I was excited to get that much from her cause she barely remembers me.
        Dx..../egodeflate

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
          When I worked in fast food hell, I always got a sadistic kick out of giving change for a $100 bill used to pay a $3.75 purchase in ninety-six $1's and a quarter. Of course, this would be after I had dropped the $100 bill into the special drop box safe we had for such large amounts and for which only the main manager (who showed up twice a day to count tills) had the key. We usually had a large number of people who paid in $1's due to our location, so there was never a shortage of that denomination.

When the idiot with the $100 would get mad at all the $1's in change and demand larger bills, I would tell him that there were no large bills kept in my till. Half the time, these guys suddenly would "find" a $5 in their wallet and demand that I take ninety-five of the $1's and the $5 and give them back the $100. I would give a big grin and inform him that the $100 now was secured in the drop box safe and I could not get it out until six hours from then. That usually got the guy really mad and caused him to go away fuming, but as I had no intention of working at that place for more than a few months AND because it was his own stupidity for paying with such a large bill when he had a smaller, I really did not care.

Beautiful.

I hope the bastard learned his lesson.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            I'm betting this is the guy mentioned a while back with a measurement that had a minus sign.
            "Hung like a lightswitch" I believe would be a correct term here...
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
            X