Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, yes, Trivial Pursuit. I gave up on that game. After all, it's no fun if you win every friggin' time you play!

The kicker is when I got the "final question." Of the three guys I was playing with, two knew me well enough to know my biggest interests. But it was the third guy who insisted on choosing the question to ask me. It turned out to be, "What science fiction author wrote the classic 'A Stranger in a Strange Land?'" The other two turned to him and said, "Why don't you just give him (me) the game!" I insisted that we had to follow the rules of the game, and said, "Robert.. Anson.. Heinlien." Well, smart-a** said, "WRONG!!!! It's Robert A Heinlein." I just looked at him and said, "And just what do you thing the 'A' stands for?"

Really, a game is no fun if you don't have a chance of losing!
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

There is a trivia night at a local bar down here where you compete as teams for drinks and prizes. Some of the questions I have shocked my friends by knowing the answer to:

"Who is Leslie King better known as?"
      "What band did Lita Ford and Joan Jett start in?"
      "Which president was born in North Caldwell, New Jersey?"
      "Which Manson family member was convicted of discharging a firearm near President Ford?"
      "What football player recorded not only the biggest comeback in college history, but in NFL history as well?"

Well, those were among others that I can't recall right now. Some of the ones I have gotten were really obscure. Then again, I have missed some really easy ones. Tsk, tsk.

(The answers are Gerald Ford, The Runaways, Grover Cleveland, Squeaky Fromme, and Frank Reich.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
      X