Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're allergic enough, any allergy could make you go into shock or close off your airway.

Hubby's that way with shellfish....I keep telling him to get an Epipen, but he hasn't yet....I've at least got him carrying benadryl with him now in the event he gets something that starts something.

Comment

I can't take sulfonamides, unless you want to see me break out in hives....
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth steviededalus View Post
        You're mom didn't pay for that hospital visit, did she? Because if it was noted that she had a latex allergy and the nurse ignored that yet used those gloves, that sounds like a slam-dunk malpractice suit, the kind that results in a check two days after the lawyers talk.
        As far as I know, no. This was a few years ago, so other than the incident itself, I don't remember if she did anything apart from talking to her dentist.
        "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Good lord, it's still silly people week.
          The first one up to bat when I got in yesterday was a lady who was getting something from us that one of our other locations didn't have. I go fetch it for her, and the fun begins.
          She got all bent out of shape because it's in powder packets. "I can't take it! I throw up everything! I don't eat!" Please note that she was also purchasing a few candy bars. I'm not sure how she was planning to consume those...perhaps shoving them in another orifice, perhaps.
          I grab her a pharmacist, because I'm not gonna get mixed into a bunch of wierdness. We call the doctor's office to confirm that this is actually what she wants. Yep, they want her to have this stuff in this dosage form. I'm guessing she has a G-tube they could pour it into or something, I have no idea. I sure wasn't gonna ask. Apparently, the other pharmacy also had a script for magnesium caps for her, too, and they just told us that verbally, so we had a bottle set aside. The one we'd grabbed rang up at $3.99, the one the other pharmacy had grabbed rang up at $2.99. OK, I go grab her the cheaper one. She then starts asking me how to take it.
          I told her that the other pharmacy had not sent over the script for this, but the directions on the bottle said to take one daily with food. She started freaking out again. "I don't eat! I can't take this! I'm not gonna take this! The other pharmacy had a label on it! I'm just gonna get it there!"
          OK...I told her that if she didn't think that she could take it in this form that she should consult her doctor first, and called up a manager to refund the sale, because she'd already paid for it. Lady wheeled away immediately, taking her reciept but not the medicine The manager got back right away, and I told her she'd gone....I don't know if she's gonna come back or what, but what a nutter.

Oh yes, and stupid scammer boy called back yesterday morning to tell the morning tech that he'd "found" his oxycodone, and that he didn't want us to think that he was trying to scam. Too late bub...we already do.

Comment

Working...
          X