Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The people in the OP just sounded like the kind of people who complain just for the sake of making you feel like a bad person and to hear themselves talk.
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

i have yet to see a photo package that was cut separately; what is this litter of idiots mistaking it for, a photo shoot for 'family of the year' or something like that?

as for the package, i spend that much on my son's school photos; that's a cheap package...'all we've spent.'

pish.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I'd actually *prefer* them uncut. It's much easier not to lose the extra smaller ones when they're all stuck together, and I know how to work the scissors.
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
          The people in the OP just sounded like the kind of people who complain just for the sake of making you feel like a bad person and to hear themselves talk.
          My worst experiences back in my city days were with people who really didn't want to hear the solution I offered them. They just wanted to keep bitching over relatively minor issues.

Comment

The people in the OP were major asshats for their attitude. But.....

I can see their point. NOT that they spent a lot of money. They didn't. But I know that, myself, I would have problems cutting up those photos. Not because it is a hassle, but because I would want them cut straight and nice, and I doubt I would have the ability to do so, and I would not want to screw up the pictures.

That being said, I have had photos done twice, and I don't recall having to cut up my own photos either time. Of course, these were not family portraits or stuff you get done at a store, but publicity photos at a photographer's studio, so maybe that is a different deal, I don't know.

I must say, though, I am surprised that the portrait studios don't have a way to cut them up, or don't offer it, or the photos don't come perforated for easy separation. I had no idea that was the norm. Myself, as I said, I would almost definitely find a way to butcher the photos if left to my own devices. I would prefer that a professional do it.

But lest someone here think that I am defending the way the people in the OP acted, let me repeat the very first sentence in this post: The people in the OP were major asshats for their attitude.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Myself, as I said, I would almost definitely find a way to butcher the photos if left to my own devices. I would prefer that a professional do it.

I'd get a handy dandy paper cutter. Oh, who am I kidding? I just want an excuse to have my own.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I have a really nice rotary blade paper cutter for photo's. That way you as long as the factory edge is straight, then you are going to get a perfect cut everytime. I love it!
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Having worked at 2 different studios in retail photography, I can tell you that cutting photos is not the norm. We just don't have enough time, especially around the holidays...maybe we have time in the off seasons when we are not busy, and maybe have 1 customer a day...but that's it. Most retail locations you end up working by yourself or with 1 other person. There are not a whole lot of staff to go around. And when you have a lobby full of appointments (which never run on time, because people come late, their kids don't cooperate, they are picky assholes or whatever) and then a ton of walk-ins on top of it- THEN people picking UP pictures...plus 1-3 phone lines ringing off the hook...well...you get my point.

Plus, it IS easier not to lose your photos if they are all on one sheet together. The last thing we would need is someone complaining that one of their 19000 wallet pictures is missing and we have to replace it! For the locations that have the film/orders sent to lab, then sent back to studio, and not processed on the premises, that is a BIG deal.

I think she was VERY nice for offering to cut the photos for the family. They are total jerkwads....

And, let's remember, those customers who make it a point of justifying the amount of money they've spent...usually haven't!
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    The people in the OP were major asshats for their attitude. But.....

I can see their point. NOT that they spent a lot of money. They didn't. But I know that, myself, I would have problems cutting up those photos. Not because it is a hassle, but because I would want them cut straight and nice, and I doubt I would have the ability to do so, and I would not want to screw up the pictures.
                    You just have to get the right tool for the job, and paper cutters are pretty cheap and available at any craft store or office supply place.
                    I got one to make my wedding invitations with at Paper Zone, and it's been pretty handy in several other situations too.

Comment

You are probably right, but you have to understand...I know my strengths, and I know my weaknesses.

With a skillet, I am incomparable.
                      With scissors, I am incompetent.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Ah, but this thing is not a set of scissors. It's a blade set in a track that you swing down to sandwich the paper needing to be cut. Straight lines every time.

Comment

Working...
                        X