This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Lot adventures

One of the fun parts of working out in the greenhouse is watching people in the parking lot. Last weekend while I was out with the Christmas trees here is what I observed.

Climbing Mt Everest: Last week we had a snowstorm and after the paking lot was cleared there were a couple big piles of snow, one right in the middle of the parking spaces. I saw at least 6 cars drive right into this rather obvious mountain of ice, 3 back into it and one go right over it and drag part of it down the parking lot.
    I hope they have Snow insurance.

Lose something? I noticed this guy in the parking lot across the street looking all around his car on the ground for something and then he left. Then later, I noticed he was back over there and later he was back again with his kid. Don't know what he was looking for, if he found it or why he was so sure it was on that particular 10ft by 10ft piece of blacktop.
    He might be there right now still looking.

Timing people: Sometimes I notice that some people take longer to get out of their cars than they do actually shopping in the store. They park and 5 or 10 minutes later, they get out and go in, but are back real quick and then they take 5 or 10 minutes to pull out.

Free Range Cellphoners: These are my favorite to watch, they are on their phone when they pull in, park, get out and try to in. The problem is that when they start talking, they stop walking. Sometimes I play "Red light=Green light" while they walk. Those that do try to keep walking start wandering. In the patio, out into the alley, back to the sidewalk, around their car and eventually into the store. And most often, they are still on their cell phone when they return, start their car and leave.
    I guess they can drive straight since they are sitting down.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

I'm quite guilty of being a Free Range Cellphoner. Sometimes it helps me think, but usually, as someone who can multitask, I can keep my mind on where I'm going.

However, once, in the mall, I was walking around and talking, and I had already finished my errand, but i decided to stay in the mall. I unknowingly/unattentively stroll right into a Victoria's Secret and just for some reason start looking at bras. (I'm a guy by the way). I have no idea why, in retrospect, but I know I'm guilty of just subconsciously doing stuff like that.

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
      I unknowingly/unattentively stroll right into a Victoria's Secret and just for some reason start looking at bras. (I'm a guy by the way). I have no idea why, in retrospect, but I know I'm guilty of just subconsciously doing stuff like that.
      Yeah, sure! You know you just used talking on your cell phone as an excuse...there was probably no one on the phone - you just wanted to look at bras!

I am guilty of cell phone wandering too...but usually because I try not to stay use the phone inside the store...one, it's kind of rude for everyone to hear my conversation and two, the reception is iffy in some stores anyway...

However, I felt bad the other day - I was at Blockbuster and I was returning movies I rented online and picking out movies I get for free and I was on my cell phone the entire time. Even through checkout! I was trying to talk to the cashier and my friend at the same time...not nice! Bad ettiquette - no excuses.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
        Lose something? I noticed this guy in the parking lot across the street looking all around his car on the ground for something and then he left. Then later, I noticed he was back over there and later he was back again with his kid. Don't know what he was looking for, if he found it or why he was so sure it was on that particular 10ft by 10ft piece of blacktop.
        He might be there right now still looking.

I can't help but wonder if the man ever thought of going inside and asking at the customer service desk if someone had turned in whatever he was looking for.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm one of those ones that will just sit in my car sometimes when I park, but it's usually because there was an interesting story on NPR that I want to finish listening to.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            one, it's kind of rude for everyone to hear my conversation and two, the reception is iffy in some stores anyway...
            Well don't forget the ones who have the walkie-talkie feature (sorry, don't know what it's called exactly!!) on cell phones where you can hear both sides of the conversation.
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Aaargh, cell phones, aargh. #$%!

Comment

I am a cell phone wonderer also. Exceptionally, when one of my old buddies called. He is the type that will call over and over and over again, when you are busy doing something. Sometimes, I would be at work, busy with customers, and he would call. The phone keeps on ringing, and I am trying to help the customers.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                X