Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes Mam I told you to sleep with your dog (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Durandal View Post
    I guess someone at CORPORATE just screwed the pouch on this one! OK?
    I use this phrase a lot. My husband tells me it must be a Midwest saying since he had never heard it before I said it.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
      and a chainsword to the torso for being so freaking annoying.
      Oooo! I like the style!

Imperium or Chaos?
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

"Screwed the pooch" may not be the most common saying, but it is not exactly obscure, either.

Unless you believe the minor movie "True Lies" with little known actors Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jamie Lee Curtis, Tom Arnold, and Charlton Heston to be obscure.

(The term is used in a very amusing way in the first scene with Heston.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Not to mention there's an episode of Family Guy called "Screwed The Pooch" and most folks know that almost every episode of Family Guy has some sort of pun/joke to it's title.

How many mistakes is this chick making that she used up the eraser before the pen? I've used those pens sometimes and they always ran out of ink WAY before they ran out of eraser...
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
            My husband tells me it must be a Midwest saying since he had never heard it before I said it.
            I'm WI born and raised, and while I've HEARD the phrase, I've never said it myself.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
              Not to mention there's an episode of Family Guy called "Screwed The Pooch" and most folks know that almost every episode of Family Guy has some sort of pun/joke to it's title.
              "He's violating Sea Breeze!"

"No, he's not. He's just getting into a better position to... oh wait, NOW he's violating her."
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                It's around the midwest, too. Man, what's with people? Don't they have imaginative colorful phrases? Ones that don't include sticking as many common vulgarities together as possible?
                I've lived in Illinois all my life and I'd never heard the expression till about a year ago....

Comment

Well life long Ohian (so far, so good) and I'v heard it most of my life. Used in present tense, past tense, and future tense. Though oddly enough its mostly former/currant military people that I've heard using it.

Comment

Working...
                  X