This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I felt braincells DIE

Oh sweet baby Jeebus on a unicycle in a dogshow, I felt brain cells die during this call.

This guy was calling in to place an order....I get his name, but then it all went downhill after that:

Me: "-and whats your postal code?"
    SC: "Uh, I don't really know."
    Me: "You can't place an order without a postal code."
    SC: "I'm from <insert God foresaken small town in Alberta>."
    (I'm from Vancouver, do you know mine? No? Well then.)
    Me: "I still need a postal code."
    SC: "Uh, let me go find out."
    (He puts the phone down for a bit so he can canvas the rest of his family to see if anyone managed to jump the hurdle that was grade 2. Eventually he returns with the postal code.)

I successfully manage to extract his address but that wasn't the end.

Me: "-and what would you like to order?"
    SC: "Uh...blah blah thermal jacket."
    Me: "What's the product ID number?"
    ( Everything in the catalogue has a # by it, in bold. )
    SC: "Uh..umm..I don't see a number."
    Me: "It should be a series of numbers, like xxxx-xx"
    SC: "Uh....I'm looking I'm looking...."
    (Insert literally 60 seconds of dead silence and the acidic smell of burning rubber that accompanied his strained thought process.)
    SC: "Uh, there is none."
    Me: "There's no product ID?"
    SC: "No."
    Me: "There's no numbers or even a couple of letters?"
    SC: "No."
    Me: "It should be right by the picture of the item."
    SC: "I don't see it....lemme go ask"
    (Again he leaves, this time to go consult everyone else in the house to see if anyone can help him figure out where the mythical id number is. This takes forever but by this point I'm so impressed but the sheer level of stupidity here that I want to ride this one out just to see how it ends.)
    SC: "Uh, we can’t find it."
    (Colour me shocked.)
    Me: "Alright, what catalogue are you looking at?"
    SC: "Winter, uh, 2006. Page blah blah."
    (I know for a fact that catalogue, like ALL OF THEM, has the product ID numbers in giant bold text below the picture of the item. I check through our catalogues...)
    Me: "I'm not seeing it here….what did you say it was again?"
    SC: "blah blah thermal shell."
    (At this point I figure I'll try searching the website database for it, no dice. The company he's talking about doesn't even have any jackets listed. Nevermind thermal ones.)
    Me: "I'm not seeing it in any of our catalogues."
    SC: "Oh, uh.....I'll pick something else and call you back, ok?"
    Me: "Ok."
    SC: "Bye <click>"

Thus far he hasn't called back. I'm going to assume this is because natural selection has finally claimed him and is now dragging him through the snow and off into the bushs as we speak.

So, how much do you want to bet he was looking at a catalogue produced by some other business?
    Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

Quoth Fera Festiva View Post
      So, how much do you want to bet he was looking at a catalogue produced by some other business?
      Pass. Sucker bet.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

This brings to mind some intriguing questions.

Like, if he doesn't know his postal code, how can he expect anyone to deliver anything to him? Okay, okay, that one may be asking a bit much.

Here's a more basic question: If he is ordering through a catalogue, he must have a credit card to pay for it, right? If that is the case, how did he get his credit card, if he could not give the credit card company his postal code so they could send it to him?

Am I the only person that can't get past this glaring contradiction?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          This brings to mind some intriguing questions.

Like, if he doesn't know his postal code, how can he expect anyone to deliver anything to him? Okay, okay, that one may be asking a bit much.

Here's a more basic question: If he is ordering through a catalogue, he must have a credit card to pay for it, right? If that is the case, how did he get his credit card, if he could not give the credit card company his postal code so they could send it to him?

99.9% of the calls afterhours are COD orders from towns in the middle of absolutely no where that apparently have nothing better to do then drink till 2 or 3am then order clothing. As for how they expect it to be delivered to them? I don't have the faintest idea. This isn't the first time I've stumped one of them with the postal code question either, scary as that is

I even had one guy persist in trying to place an order even when I told him he couldn't do so without a postal code. He kept going "Oh...so can I place an order then?" and I kept telling him it was *impossible* since we didn't know where he was to get it to him. Argh...

How come we have a term for postal workers and drivers flipping out, but not one for customer service reps? We have "going postal" and "road rage". Why not "Servicide" or something. I'm surprised I haven't turned on the news yet and heard the headline "John Smith was Having it His way with a baseball bat in the parking lot". -.-

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Am I the only person that can't get past this glaring contradiction?
            Don't try to think or bring any logic to it. Your remaining brain cells will thank you later.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              SC: "I'm from <insert God foresaken small town in Alberta>."
              o hey u got that guy? coulda been my customer from last week. there was 2 of em and only one new the postal code for the house and the other knew the phone number. problem is they both wandered off one at a time while i was trying to place the order >.<
              Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Like, if he doesn't know his postal code, how can he expect anyone to deliver anything to him?
                I try not to ponder these things. It causes physical pain.

My husband had a customer who refused to give out his address and yet demanded that they ship to him.

When it was explained that an address was necessary for shipping, the customer argued about it.

There is no way rational thought can penetrate the wall of stupid surrounding some folks.
                The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                  There is no way rational thought can penetrate the wall of stupid surrounding some folks.
                  Not even Superman can penetrate the wall of stupid around some people
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    Don't try to think or bring any logic to it. Your remaining brain cells will thank you later.
                    Actually, my remaing brain cells are lounging out in the cerebellum, drinking beer and eating wings, and laughing at my brain cells that are struggling to bother trying to comprehend these idiots.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                    X