Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what I wanted to say to an SC (Long, major language).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I wanted to say to an SC (Long, major language).

Backstory first: As with the rest of the UK we've been suffering with hellabad cold and snow since Christmas. This last dose has had the added effect of cracking the cement holding down the tiles on the disabled access ramp to our store.

We know this is a H&S issue, and we have reported it. However the contractors can't replace or reattatch the tiles until thing warm up a little. If they did it now the next snap would just lift them off again.

So our new supervisor was running the store on Wed night and he left amessage that a customer came in complaining about the ramp. As I said, we had reported it and the contractor actually came out on Thursday and told us why we'd have to wait.

Fast forward to today. It's 9:30am and I get called to the till. Till operator says a gentleman wants to speak to me about the ramp. He proceeds to rip into me about the ramp and how he's nearly fallen again even after he complained on Wed.

I'm very polite, apologise and try to explain that the contractors have been, measured up and are just waiting for things to warm up before they can fix it.

He just keeps shouting "What are you going to do about it!" and when I repeat that it's been reported, measured etc..." each time. We're doing everything we can, but some things are out of our control.

His parting shot was to blast me with "Get something fucking done about it now or I'll phone (head office address) and get them to fucking sort you's out!"

I just turned my back on him and walked off before I said the following.

"Why the fuck don't you try listening to what I'm saying you fucking drink addled scrotal wart. We HAVE reported it. I've fucking told you that we've reported it four fucking times already. Let's not forget it's a ramp for wheelchairs and the like, if it's that much of a problem for you to walk up it use the fucking steps beside it.

"Don't just shake your head like that when I explain the situation, because last time I looked you weren't a builder, you were a fucking booze riddled alchy who fell off his roof putting up a TV ariel. If there was any fucking justice in this world it would have been you that died and not Rod fucking Hull. It's not even 10:00 and I'm dizzy from the fucking vapours you're emitting. I'm surprised you can make it here at all in your state. And if I'm telling you the same things you were told on Wednesday that's because those are the facts. I admit if I wanted to I could spin you a story of such depth and beauty you'ld swallow it hook, line, sinker and fucking fucking rod you syphillitic cum stain. But frankly you're not worth the effort.

"Oh and finally report away to head office, who do you fucking think WE reported it to dick head. Good luck phoning the office you suggested though, we sold it eight years ago. What would get thingas moving faster is if you could fall down the ramp when you leave and break your fucking neck you Booze riddled spunk monkey."

Sometimes we would say to a customer who said something like that, with a smile,

"Fuck you for bringing that to my attention"

Its impossible for the customer to prove that you did not just "thank him"
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

I wonder how the SC reacted to that tirade.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        I wonder how the SC reacted to that tirade.
        He probably would have exploded, but the op did say she(?) walked off before she said it to him.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
          He probably would have exploded, but the op did say she(?) walked off before she said it to him.
          He. I'm a very hairy bunny!

I wouldn't have minded if he just asked about the progress since his first complaint. He'll if he'd just said that he was going to contact head office I would have encouraged him to do so. We all know customer's issues get dealt with faster than those brought up internally.

It was the combination of him shouting his head off and dismissing what I said to him without even listening to me all mixed with fact he spends all day knocking back the cheap booze he buys with his dole and the bit extra he makes from hawking pirate DVDs for his "mate". There's also the fact that we all suspect that him and his wife (who does look a bit like Emu now I think about it) have been swapping around the reduced to clear barcodes on some of our products.

It all just got me so riled I knew my mouth would get me in trouble if I stayed. I was still steaming by the time I took my lunch I Knew I had to vent somewhere

Comment

Quoth Bunny the Veggie Slayer View Post
            He. I'm a very hairy bunny!
            Wouldn't that be "furry"?

As for the ramp: would it be possible for you to put a length of plywood or the like over the length of it to make a smooth surface?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Bunny the Veggie Slayer View Post
              ... you fucking drink addled scrotal wart... you syphillitic cum stain.... you Booze riddled spunk monkey.
              Stolen Permanently borrowed.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Next time try this line on the Booze riddled spunk monkey:

(With a wide eyed look of surprise.)

"Oh! Is it broken again? We had it fixed just yesterday. You didn't break it, did you?"
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel
                  Sometimes we would say to a customer who said something like that, with a smile,

"Fuck you for bringing that to my attention"

Its impossible for the customer to prove that you did not just "thank him"
                  When I was a manager for Toxic Hell, we had this little chirpy blond girl. She was too much fun, but I can't count how many times I had to tell her not to answer the DT with "Fuck you for choosing Taco Bell" in the most cheery voice imaginable. It didn't help I could not do it with a straight face.
                  "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
                    When I was a manager for Toxic Hell, we had this little chirpy blond girl. She was too much fun, but I can't count how many times I had to tell her not to answer the DT with "Fuck you for choosing Taco Bell" in the most cheery voice imaginable. It didn't help I could not do it with a straight face.
                    I still have to answer phones tonight for another 66 min... I'm going to have to bite my tongue to NOT say that whenever I pick up a call.
                    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

At my work becasue Im not management I'm not allowed to mark things out of order. And even then they won't do it becasue if quality insurance comes and something broken we lose points. So depending on what it is I just act surprised instead of saying we already know. Especially about the broken car that has been parked in our parking lot for 3days, and they waiting for the tow company to get it because they live 2-3hrs away and ahve to come down with the key. and did I mention it is a parking lot but OMFG it blocking on of the closest spaces for those people who don't illegal park in our fire lane directly in front of the store to being with,
                      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Working...
                      X