X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tic Tac Toe!

Three in a row!

Instance #1:

Man and woman come through line with a case of beer. Cashier asks to see both of their IDs, the man shows her his and the woman doesn't. Cashier says she needs to see both of their IDs. Woman replies with "I'm 22". Cashier replies with "I have know way of knowing that without ID." Woman again replied with "But I'm 22!" as if somehow saying it again would make it more true. Woman does not get beer.

Instance #2:

Why bother getting things yourself when you have lowly baggers to do everything for you? This woman, while checking out, required the bagger to go and get her some whipped cream. This is no big deal usually, sometimes they just forget, and that's fine, we all do that. Or sometimes they just don't know where it is. But her reason? "I know where it is, but everything else I was buying was on this side of the store, and I don't want to walk AAAAAALLLL the way over there! Go get it for me."

Oh, yes your highness! Would you like us to carry you to your car as well? Maybe commission a cashier to drive you home?

The bagger was fairly new, and so it took him about twice as long to find it as it would've taken her to just go get it.

Instance #3:

Some woman left her car in the parking lot with a dog in it and the windows shut. Take it from the person out pushing carts for 2 hours, it was HOT today, well into the 90s and VERY humid. I didn't notice the car until a customer pointed it out, and we went and got a supervisor. We tried a couple things to see if we could help the poor dog out, and then finally the owner of the car came out and started yelling at us for trying to tell her how to take care of HER animals!

That jerk, she's suffocating her dog and then getting mad at us for trying to save the poor thing! I can't beleive people would even take their animals with them on such a hot day, much less leave them in a car with the windows shut! That poor doggy
    Stop driving me insane, I'm already within walking distance!

Isn't it illegal (neglect, cruelty to animals, something?) to leave an animal or a child inside a parked vehicle? I would have taken down her license number and phoned the local PD.

Comment

Quoth Jaden
      Three in a row!

Some woman left her car in the parking lot with a dog in it and the windows shut. Take it from the person out pushing carts for 2 hours, it was HOT today, well into the 90s and VERY humid.
      should have called the cops / ASPCA that is definitely cruelty to animals right there
      DILLIGAF

Comment

Yes,that's illegal. Cops should be called if you ever see that happen again.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid
          Yes,that's illegal. Cops should be called if you ever see that happen again.
          that happened when i worked at HD...some SC left his dog in his truck with the windows opened just a crack (it was about 95 and hot as hell this one day)... well the garden dept head called the cops and when the cops got there they paged the customer to his vehicle... i do remember the guy being given a ticket but i dont know what else happened since i was getting ready to go home

Comment

Cruelty to animals & children is probably the one thing that will really throw me over the edge. Hubby & I ALWAYS call the cops if someone has their pet or heaven forbid (!) child suffocating in the car! People who neglect those who are dependent deserve bad things to happen to them!!
            The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

To answer everyone's concerns, we probably would have called the cops if it had taken her any longer to come outside. After the customer noticed the car, and we went inside to get a supervisor, and came back out and tried to see if the doors were unlocked to see if we could get some air in for the poor doggy, we were discussing calling the cops next when she came up and asked what was going on. She then told us effectively to mind our own business and shove it, and then drove off before we could say anything else.
              Stop driving me insane, I'm already within walking distance!

Comment

That sucks, anyone who leaves a pet inside their car in this heat without water or ac does not deserve to have one. Off Topic: On a flight to Argentina me and a friend played tic tac toe for 12 hours non stop
                KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

Starting from the end, and ending at the beginning...

At my store, if we see something like that (and I've seen both pets AND children), we write down the make, model, color and license plate of said vehicle, take it to customer service, and have them page the owner. Since we usually have police officers as security, we have them come out, too.

~~~~~~~~~

I bet the woman was beyond upset that it was taking so long to get her precious whipped cream, right?

~~~~~~~~~

If repeating your age makes it true, then I'm 22. Forever and ever. (J/K, I always admit to my age.)
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Absolutely in either case the Police should be called.

Other than that, Becky's post gave me the idea that the most humiliating thing that could be done to one of these morons, is to do the page, and not just ask them the come the the Customer Service Desk, but to actually say something like "Attn shoppers, would the owner of a maroon Moronmobile license number IMAMORON, please go to your car? Your child/dog seems to be in extreme discomfort and danger to to the excessive heat in the tightly sealed up car".

Then, as they (hopefully) walk briskly out the door and towards the car, they can suffer the angry stares and comments of customers and employees alike.
                    Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier
                      Absolutely in either case the Police should be called.
                      "Attn shoppers, would the owner of a maroon Moronmobile license number IMAMORON, please go to your car? Your child/dog seems to be in extreme discomfort and danger to to the excessive heat in the tightly sealed up car".

Then, as they (hopefully) walk briskly out the door and towards the car, they can suffer the angry stares and comments of customers and employees alike.

Que negligent tard: How dare you inconvience and embarrass me? I DEMAND COMPENSATION! I am suing you for slander!

Comment

Quick question from somebody who has neither pets nor children:

Why would you leave them in your car?

Wouldn't you want to keep a close eye on your child, especially in this day and age for people being paranoid about child molesters/kidnappers? And if it's your pet, why do you have to take it with you? It's best for the pet that it not be in a moving vehicle, most likely unsecured. And if you're dropping your pet off at the vet's/groomers, why couldn't you do that first, and then do your shopping in piece?

I don't get it.
                        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

It broke 100 degrees yesterday here in Northwest WI..........I didn't go out and about yesterday, but I would have been infuriated if I'd seen a child or an animal stuck in a car with the windows up.

Why in God's name when it's so hot out do people INSIST on bringing their pets with? I love animals, I do. I love them more then I like kids. I don't even want kids, I want to have dogs and cats. But for my pet's own personal safety, I would never bring them along with me somewhere that I couldn't bring them inside. And I am definetly not bringing my 100 lb lab/retreiver into a store.

Nope, my dog and cats can stay in the air conditioned house where they are safe and comfy.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I sometimes go into a store with the dog in the car. It's because I've taken her out somewhere for a special walkies or vet visit, or whatever, and with today's petrol prices it's simply far too expensive to take her home and then turn around and drive right back to get something from the store.

Of course, when I have the dog, I'm in and out real quick. I don't 'window shop' the aisles. I know what I want, I go get it, we go home.

I do not understand leaving a pet in a car for an extended period or if you don't know how long you'll be, or if you indeed to plan to be a while. That's just cruel.

Comment

Working...
                            X