This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They were SCs but never brought anything

It seems to me the worst customers are people for some reason or another decided not to buy anything from our store (I'm sure I'm not the only store this happens to.). I just recently had 3 SCs who were about to buy something and just decided not buy anything because they didn't like the way things were run. First two just were from two weeks ago and other one just happen yesterday.

I was checking out this mother and she brunch of brats with her. They had bunch stuff and couply of the brats were checking out the 50 percent rack which was next to the register counter. Anyway I didn't pay much attention to them and I think the mother didn't like what they were looking out. Anyway one of them had those long Fun Dips and said it was 10 cent. Now I know that wasn't right and sure enought it ranged up at 34 cents. I found out it was where the single Fun Dips were suppose be and someone must have misplace them. Anyway the girl wanted it for a dime anyway and well, the SM (she was already at the registers for another reason) said they couldn't give them at a dime a piece. So the mother said they were leaving and didn't pay just left. I aborted their order and I had nice customer reassuring me that they just brats.

A couple hours after that we had some terrible weather and for some reason out machines don't won't to work properly. Anyway I runged up woman and her credit/debit card didn't go through. She then asked if I could exchange some money for her and I said I have to have cash purchase to do that. She didn't like that saying she heard a store doing that and asked for the manager. I told her the manager was on the phone and she decided not to try her card again. She left saying she'll get her stuff at the supermarket and I was oh, good let them deal with her. Again abort order.

Just yesterday I had a girl using her debit card and the machine said it was invalid. She tried it two times and on second try she said she had 3 thousand in the account. Anyway she left saying she would go to the supermarket and abort the order. The lady after her said she was a bitch and we talked about her attidute. Anyway later on that girl came back from grocery with receipt in her hand and said it work there. She didn't know what was wrong with our machine and she won't ever shop here then she left. I was like whatever and thinking our machines must detect attidutes or something. I mean people use their debt cards here all time and we only have a few problems ussually people not putting in the right pin numbers but we do have couple cards that are invalid. I'm thinking her debt card is from some obscured bank and the machine doesn't recognized it so really it's the card itself that's the problem.
    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
    My space
    Facebook

yes indeed; those who don't buy or hang for the freebies are often much worse than those who do buy stuff, simply because we have to deal with the attitudes, the rest of the bs that accompanies the attitudes and we get squat from it.

as for those particular ones, 'i'm not shopping here again.' OH NOES! WHATEVER WILL WE DO WITHOUT YOU AND YOUR (BS) BUSINESS!

i know what i'd do...
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Yeah, I hate it when customers say that but...

...I'm thinking good I don't have to deal with you anymore. I mean we have plenty of regular customers and most don't have problems buying stuff. I mean is saying "I won't shop here anymore" is going to threaten us and think we are going to cry becuase you have a problem with the way we set up things I don't think so.
      My space
      Facebook

Comment

Quoth rdp78
        Anyway later on that girl came back from grocery with receipt in her hand and said it work there.
        I wish she would've demanded you to accept her debit card since the "Everyplace Else" grocery store accepted it . I would've given her a complete stare and said "...so you drove back here to show me a receipt that probably says it was paid for by cash or another credit card?"

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs
          I wish she would've demanded you to accept her debit card since the "Everyplace Else" grocery store accepted it . I would've given her a complete stare and said "...so you drove back here to show me a receipt that probably says it was paid for by cash or another credit card?"
          Actually the grocery store is on the other side of the shopping center and it's the a well known chain that starts with a K. Of course, she could have used another payment too but could care less. Anyway we're a dollar store and not the one where everythings a dollar.
          My space
          Facebook

Comment

I've come to realize that when they come in and don't buy anything, take waaaay too long, or buy small things, they are shoplifting. Especially if you've never seen them before. Happened to me last week. Guy comes in, I was a little busy. He finally brought a 20oz soda and some Little Debbie cakes to the register. I rang up and bagged. He was the last one in the store. I decided to go have a smoke and walked out pretty close behind him. He was in front of the store, fiddling with the bag. He got on his bicycle and started to ride away. I saw a 1 liter Sprite in the bag. He didn't have it when he came in. I went back in and sure enough there was a Sprite missing. Hardly ever sell them. I had filled the Coke cooler not too long before, so I know what was there and what I sold(small store). Just keep your eyes peeled.
            USN Retired

Comment

Working...
            X