We're spreading

(I'm in Texas)

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
      We're spreading

(I'm in Texas)
      Spreading what?

... or should that be ... Who?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

There's still a lot of us up here . *smug*

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Spreading what?
          Yeah, Trailerparkmedic, you pretty much walked into that one.
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

There's more of you out there?! I'm going to have to look harder then. I get bored talking about Real Housewives of the Wherever the Hell really quick with the women I've dated recently. God I hate that show. At least now I know you all exist. Hey, um that place where you're all hiding... are there unicorns and goblins and Smurfs there? I didn't think they existed either but now that we're on a roll I figure it's worth a shot too. Not that I'd like to date a Smurf but some old dude with a cat says they're delicious. I have recipes.

Comment

My boyfriend found me at LARP. If there are gaming groups around in your area, I highly suggest checking them out. Colleges and such are where they tend to hide out. Also, if there is a chapter of SCA around, get into that, and there are women folk milling around those too.

Comment

Quoth Sarcastro View Post
                But yes, I'm an undercover nerd. I'm one long trench coat short of my 10th Doctor Halloween costume. Finally, another Halloween costume I'll have to explain all night to drunk chicks dressed like like sexy cats who wouldn't get it anyway.
                Oh, don't be undercover. Let your freak flag fly!

And now I'm thinking of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                Oi!
                We're not all in Canada
                (another Dr Who liking geeky nerd type)
                Quoth technical.angel View Post
                We're all over the place!
                There's more of you out there?!
                Darlin', we're like cow pies....all over the place!

I'm in the US state that goes missing.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Geeky chicks are all around.

That said, Nekojin & I met at a gaming convention.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    Darlin', we're like cow pies....all over the place!
                    And you've already learned that you have to watch where you step...
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
                      Yeah, Trailerparkmedic, you pretty much walked into that one.
                      I seem to have a knack for that lately.

Comment

Same thing happens to me, with guys! Normal guys never approach me. Just the squicky oddballs with eyes pointing in two different directions, or the creepy old goats who think they're hot stuff.

And yeah, Dr. Who fans are everywhere! If that makes me a geek, that's cool...
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think I just need to get out of Florida. It seems to be a nexus that draws insanity to it so that may be part of the problem.

Sweet! An intelligent woman that likes Doctor Who? Gah! Why are all the good ones in Canada! But yes, I'm an undercover nerd. I'm one long trench coat short of my 10th Doctor Halloween costume. Finally, another Halloween costume I'll have to explain all night to drunk chicks dressed like like sexy cats who wouldn't get it anyway.
                          You're welcome! I tend to do a lot of people-watching, and that also involves a lot of introspection.

Also, Florida! I had the opportunity to go with my roommate to Disneyworld and I couldn't afford it otherwise I'd be in Florida right now!

I'm planning on making a 4th or 5th gen Doctor; I have the scarf and access to the sonic screwdriver of the 4th; and my dad went as the 5th Doctor to convention in the late 80s/early 90s. (I have picture proof, and he still has the costume. He doesn't fit it anymore... many years of good food!) I have many interests, and they're aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall Sci-Fi! My dad raised four geeky kids, though only the middle two (me an my younger brother) are the truer geeks my older sister is into seamstressing and foreign culture (mainly Japanese) and my little sister is... hard to classify. She's mechanically minded though; she's a mechanic.
                          "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                          ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post
                            You're welcome! I tend to do a lot of people-watching, and that also involves a lot of introspection.

Also, Florida! I had the opportunity to go with my roommate to Disneyworld and I couldn't afford it otherwise I'd be in Florida right now!

I'm planning on making a 4th or 5th gen Doctor; I have the scarf and access to the sonic screwdriver of the 4th; and my dad went as the 5th Doctor to convention in the late 80s/early 90s. (I have picture proof, and he still has the costume. He doesn't fit it anymore... many years of good food!) I have many interests, and they're aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall Sci-Fi! My dad raised four geeky kids, though only the middle two (me an my younger brother) are the truer geeks my older sister is into seamstressing and foreign culture (mainly Japanese) and my little sister is... hard to classify. She's mechanically minded though; she's a mechanic.
                            Florida is great if you're here less than two weeks. Any time longer than that and you're officially over the event horizon and will never escape the black hole that is the sunshine state. Funny you mention Disney, I use to work for them. In fact it's the only job I've ever been fired from. Sucks too, since it a really awesome job. All I did all day was sit on a boat on the lake either near the resorts or in front of the Magic Kingdom and make sure no one died. "All good things..." and all that I guess. I got in for free whenever I wanted but the only time I did was for Star Wars weekends or when family came to visit.

I'm almost through the 5th season now but once I get done with that I'm going back to check out the old school Doctor Who episodes I use to watch with my dad on Public Television on Saturdays. I was too young to actually understand what was going on but I DO remember the old Cybermen. I was more of a Star Wars nerd and my dad was more of a Trek guy. But like you, I'm a nerd because of my dad. I mean, that in a good way. No one knows I'm a nerd until I correct them about some weird subject like Greek mythology or comic books or Lord of the Rings or Godzilla/Gamera movies. My sisters ended up non-geeky unless you count hipster as geek. I leave a geek trail though. I have a Dalek sitting on my desk at work but no one knows what it is. When I explain it to them they just sort of stare at me and go "oh". But I didn't think there were so many cool geeky types around. Seems I just haven't been looking in the right place.

Quoth Cactus Jack View Post
                            The thing with crazy girls is that they tend to end up single once the guy they are with realizes they are crazy. If you are letting the girls come to you then you might keep getting the crazy ones simply because they are the ones out looking and you are there. Sane woman tend to be able to have relationships or if they are single are patient enough to wait until they think they like the guy and he likes her to start pursuing.

Plus most people are crazy anyways. I think the guys who are nuts generally don't get as many dates though, which is a shame because they should be dating the crazy girls.
                            That's it! That's how I'll get out of the living death that is customer service! I'll just start a dating site aimed solely at crazy people! That way I'll get the headcases off my back and get the weirdo guys away from the normal ladies. Everybody wins! Well, except for the generation of Ultra-crazies that will result from the pairing of all those crazy people. Dang, this might cause an eventual split in our society that will ultimately lead to the Mad Max future where the normal people are holed up in a gated city with all the gasoline and we have to constantly fight off crazy dudes with mohawks wearing thongs and football pads with feathers riding on dirt bikes adorned with human bones... Still, though, Tina Turner... Wait. I lost my train of thought...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              And yeah, Dr. Who fans are everywhere! If that makes me a geek, that's cool...
                              yea for old school Dr fans. started watching 30 years or so ago when the local public TV station started show it late on Sunday nights

at least when I do get flirted with (or hit on) by weird women I just naturally seem to not see it. not sure why.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

In fact it's the only job I've ever been fired from. Sucks too, since it a really awesome job. All I did all day was sit on a boat on the lake either near the resorts or in front of the Magic Kingdom and make sure no one died.
                                How on earth dd you get fired from that?

Comment

Working...
                                X