This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Chromatix View Post
    How on earth dd you get fired from that?
    Well, I can think of one way... but I think there might be jail time involved.
    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
    ~-~
    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      How on earth dd you get fired from that?
      It was a mixture of my own immaturity at the time and someone else wanting the opportunity to take my job by backstabbing me. But I left myself open to it so I'm really the only one I can blame. I called in sick on a day I just wanted to relax and go to the beach. I had worked probably 150 hours in two weeks and I was burned out and I didn't have vacation time left so I used a sick day. My boss found out and got one of her underlings to blab to her. So I got fired and the person who blabbed got my job. Funny how things work out. A few months later she was gone too and I'd found a job with better hours and pay. Also they didn't drug test me which at the time was really important to me since at the time I was probably peeing green because of all the smoking I was doing. Thankfully I outgrew that phase and now I'm in responsible adult mode most of the time.

Quoth Aisling View Post
      Well, I can think of one way... but I think there might be jail time involved.
      ....No, I did not dress up as a Disney character and fondle guests. I was a lifeguard. All the fondling was completely consensual and with women who were above 18 years of age. probably.

But most of that fondling that happens is on accident because you can't see out of the giant character heads and you really can't feel what you're touching with giant furry gloves. And in reality most of the fondling is done to the girls playing Snow White and Alice. The dude that lived in the apartment next to me worked in entertainment at Magic Kingdom and I heard all the stories.
      Last edited by Sarcastro; 10-02-2010, 08:18 PM. Reason: Obsessive compulsion?

Comment

Wow, worked at disney! hahaha i know... ummm... 6 people that have worked there, 5 have been fired for various reasons lol. 3 were monorail drivers, one was a character actor, one was lake patrol and i'm not sure what the last one did.

Still, very cool lol. I loooove the Dalek! I have one my dad built, as well as a TARDIS he built! I don't have pics yet, but they are coming! Oooh ooh I also have the 9th/10th Doctor sonic screwdriver and psychic paper.

I'll shut up now
        "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
        ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post
          Wow, worked at disney! hahaha i know... ummm... 6 people that have worked there, 5 have been fired for various reasons lol. 3 were monorail drivers, one was a character actor, one was lake patrol and i'm not sure what the last one did.

Still, very cool lol. I loooove the Dalek! I have one my dad built, as well as a TARDIS he built! I don't have pics yet, but they are coming! Oooh ooh I also have the 9th/10th Doctor sonic screwdriver and psychic paper.

I'll shut up now
          Whoah... Uh, this Lake Patrol guy that got fired... He didn't happen to be a short guy, black hair, Hispanic, 23 year old-ish guy that was always making sarcastic jokes at the guests expense was he? Because if he is it was probably me. Dude...

My Dalek sits on my cubicle and reminds me of what I should do to SC's. I mean, great as the world would be without them I can't literally exterminate them, but I can exterminate them with kindness. That's almost as good as a laser turret thing and battle armor. Sometimes it feels like I'm dealing with Daleks at the other end of the phone. It's like,

Me: Power will be restored in about 2 hours.
          Dalek Customer: Unacceptable! Explain! EXPLAIN!

A full size Dalek would be incredibly awesome. It would be cool to have one sitting on the porch for Halloween with a remote control voice thingie inside of it. Your dad is hardcore! Is the Tardis he made bigger on the inside? Makes me wish I had some talent when it came to art or carpentry. And yeah, my 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver just arrived on Thursday. I think it's ironic that you need an actual screwdriver to get the Sonic Screwdriver to work. But it's so neat, lights up and makes the noise and everything. Was it naive of me to point it at my tv to see if it would turn it on?

Comment

Quoth Sarcastro View Post
            I'm in responsible adult mode most of the time.
            Might have to steal permanently borrow that.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
              Might have to steal permanently borrow that.
              It's all yours. Royalty free. GNOME license if you will.

Comment

Whoah... Uh, this Lake Patrol guy that got fired... He didn't happen to be a short guy, black hair, Hispanic, 23 year old-ish guy that was always making sarcastic jokes at the guests expense was he? Because if he is it was probably me. Dude...

My Dalek sits on my cubicle and reminds me of what I should do to SC's. I mean, great as the world would be without them I can't literally exterminate them, but I can exterminate them with kindness. That's almost as good as a laser turret thing and battle armor. Sometimes it feels like I'm dealing with Daleks at the other end of the phone. It's like,

Me: Power will be restored in about 2 hours.
                Dalek Customer: Unacceptable! Explain! EXPLAIN!

A full size Dalek would be incredibly awesome. It would be cool to have one sitting on the porch for Halloween with a remote control voice thingie inside of it. Your dad is hardcore! Is the Tardis he made bigger on the inside? Makes me wish I had some talent when it came to art or carpentry. And yeah, my 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver just arrived on Thursday. I think it's ironic that you need an actual screwdriver to get the Sonic Screwdriver to work. But it's so neat, lights up and makes the noise and everything. Was it naive of me to point it at my tv to see if it would turn it on?
                Actually, the Lake patrol person was female, soooooo no.

I've seen someone build a full-size dalek, it was very cool. I didn't get to see it with my own eyes, but dude took pics And yes, it would be cool to have one on the deck for Halloween! Sadly, no, the TARDIS he built is smaller on the inside (if I could see inside it anyway... its really light so I think is made from balsa...) No, it's not naive, when I got mine, I was at work. I seriously pointed it at my printer and expected it to speed up/spark/etc.
                "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

It's all yours. Royalty free. GNOME license if you will.
                  Totally going to be my facebook status!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

Oh you have a mini Dalek on your desk? So cool. I've got a Tardis key pendant that I bought at Worldcon in 1989 (what??? Yeah I'm old! Sort of )
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ohsweetjeebuswhy?!?!

Update on original topic:

Had a meeting yesterday afternoon that I went to and realized that I'd left my phone sitting on top of my desk. Since the meeting was in full swing and my bosses bosses boss was there so I was stuck. After the meeting I come back to my desk and notice my phone is still there but it's in a different place than where I left it. Whatever, at least it's still there. The rest of that evening Jeckyll/Hyde lady was walking by smiling and blushing. I just thought it was just her being weird so I thought nothing of it. Next morning I thought I'd snap a picture to text to a friend and I check the camera roll... I notice 5 pictures that I didn't remember taking. Apparently this chick took my phone, went to the ladies room and took pictures of her uh, lady parts. And, ample and impressive as they are, it's sort of unwelcome considering who those parts belong to. So... Deleted. And here I didn't think things couldn't get any more awkward. Now she buzzes around my cubicle and tries to make me uncomfortable. I'm sure this works with other guys but um, I'm not falling into that trap.

Comment

Ewww...erk....that's just so...wait, it'll come to me.

Oh yeah.

Desperate. Like, desperately desperate.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Well, she isn't subtle . When she does it again (or something worse) show the pictures to the bosses. It is sexual harassment.

Comment

I'm with Mikkel. Or at least make sure that she is informed that it's sexual harassment, even if you don't want to get her busted for it. And please don't sink so low as going for vigilante justice. Aside from the moral issues, you will completely sink any case you may have to make against her in the future. (You don't know what she might do later, you might find yourself in a position where you need to go to management/press charges, no matter what your preferences are).

Comment

Nah can't post 'em. I deleted them as soon as I figured out what they were. Anyway she's already a bit "off" and I'm pretty sure posting them would make the situation worse for her already, um, volatile mood. I mean if the situation were different and it was someone I actually liked or was in a relationship with then it would be ok. That might make me a hypocrite but at least I'm an honest hypocrite. I don't want to get her fired or anything but I'm sure there's a way to make it stop without anyone getting hurt. Tact powers activate!

Comment

Wow. O.o The horror stories in this thread make me kinda (really) glad I'm still single and apparently not flirting-with material (Not sure if it's the wheelchair, the bookworm status, or the obsession with music and music theatre that turns guys off)
                                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                                X