This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for five years!

Just hit five years with my retail company.

I got a pin that said "5".

Aaaand

a candybar.

I asked, very seriously, if I would be getting a raise, since this IS my fifth year AND I have not gotten a raise in two years.

My manager just laughed. And laughed. And then she said, "oh, your review score was too low."

Funny how about 99% of my co-workers scores were also "too low."

You know, company, if you just don't want to give us raises, come out and say it to our faces. Don't push down our review points and suddenly say that reviews count in regards to raises. (It used to not count; we would get a yearly raise.)

Can't wait to quit! Just a few more months and then I'm finished with school and I have a job promised to me.

Quoth Rine View Post
    Can't wait to quit! Just a few more months and then I'm finished with school and I have a job promised to me.
    And when you leave, they'll scratch their heads and wonder why no one has company loyalty anymore.

Just like at my first retail job. They wouldn't give me full-time status, which would include benefits and better pay. They'd just schedule me 39 hours every week. And they seemed absolutely shocked when I left for another job that was willing to give me full-time with benefits.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      And when you leave, they'll scratch their heads and wonder why no one has company loyalty anymore. .
      In this economy you should be glad you even have a job! Stop complaining about not having health insurance, sick pay, vacation time or any kind of retirement set up!

jack in the box: working 45+ hours a week, considered "part time"
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

When I made 10 years at the swamp, I was able to choose a free gift from a catalog. So I ended up ordering a watch that I'll probably never wear.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We get to pick a gift out of a catalogue every 5 years, a certificiate at 5 year, and a plaque every 10.

Geebus.....company loyalty? What's that? Loyalty works both ways, don't they get it?
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

And at the other end of the spectrum you have my niece in Australia.
            10'years with the same company and she got...

6 months PAID leave.

Comment

Quoth Bunny the Veggie Slayer View Post
              And at the other end of the spectrum you have my niece in Australia.
              10'years with the same company and she got...

6 months PAID leave.
              I want that.....I really want that.....
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                When I made 10 years at the swamp, I was able to choose a free gift from a catalog. So I ended up ordering a watch that I'll probably never wear.
                Heehee.

I recently passed my ten year with my Major Grocer. Same setup, pick a gift out of a catalog (online in our case). I snagged some sort of travel blanket thing -- it zips closed and has a carry strap

I'm well over six feet tall; normal size blankets don't cut it. It's currently gathering dust and will most likely end up either in a garage sale or someone's (unthoughtful, I know) seasonal gift. But it was the best of some tremendously lousy options. I mean really, why would I want a pen set with the corporate logo?

Oh yeah, can't forget the pin that came with it. That at least has a good frog and long stem so I can use it as a tie tack on those occasions that I get called on to help cover managements' vacation time. . .

Comment

Well could be worse, my aunt hit 20 years with the same company, got a certification in a frame, to pick two items from the catalog o crap, and then fired for taking her medical leave due to cancer... (And since we worked at the same company at that time, they gave me all her old special projects and thought I should be happy about it......)
                  Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                  pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Heh, it's not any better in the non-retail world. Trust me. Got the same thing when I worked a couple of office jobs. Because you know, I really want a mug with the company's logo on it. Though I did get a nice rolling backpack thingee - I use it for gaming. But it still say <name of Gov't contracter> on front.

Comment

Loser Company had me around for several years. I was never an employee, mind you, but in my opinion, an independent worker who stays around, should be rewarded for loyalty. This is especially true given the fact that I often took on extra work to do at home, worked on weekends, worked on truly grueling projects, etc.

When they decided I was just not right for the new (thoroughly corrupt, thoroughly incompetent, rotten-to-the-core) "management", want to guess what I got?

The "managers" came over to shake my hand. They probably wanted to make sure I was leaving.

I did get a few things, over the years, with the company logo on them. I gave them all away. Get that shit outta MY space!

Oh, and the "management" can fuck itself raw, bleeding, and gangrenous.

Comment

The only thing I got from management at each milestone (5 years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years...etc...) was a look of incredulity. "You've been here HOW LONG?"

When I got to 25 years I was given a certificate and had my pic taken with the Head Honcho.

Wow.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This is my 5th year as of May 22 I will be here 6 years. You know what I have got for it? Not even a pen. No certificates or anything either.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

My company gives us cool things for our annivesary dates, we get something each year. Ist year-a mug with our name etched on it and filled with candy and a card for free food at our store, 2nd year-candy filled gift bag and card for free food, 3rd and 4th year-candy filled gift bag, free food card and $25.00 gift card to Target. 5th year-candy, food card and $50.00 to Target, 5th-9th year-candy, food card and $50.00 to Target. On my 10th year I recieved a Black Hills Gold watch and every year since I recieve candy and a $50.00 Target card. One of my co-workers recieved $200.00 Target card on her 20th. I love the Target cards!! Heck, $50.00 in free merchandise..gotta love it! We also get birthday cards every year and free food cards and at the end of the tourist season we get a Thank You note for our hard work throughout the summer and a gift card to one of the local resturants such as Applebees, Chilis, Red Lobster and Olive Garden, usually valued at $20.00 to $50.00. I love my company!!

Comment

Not sure what they're doing now with all the budget cutbacks, but the library department would give out a certificate of appreciation and a small gift when you reached certain milestones.......I think I got a pin with the city's logo on it when I reached "five years".

Comment

Working...
                              X