Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a previous firm, I received my 5-year award, then two weeks later the firm closed without notice and I was out of a job. Oh, and they fought the WARN claims; I just got about 10% of the money they owed me a few months ago after seven years of waiting.

The worst story I heard was about a legal secretary who worked for the same lawyer for over 30 years. Never married, no kids, totally devoted to job. Lawyer never gave her a gift, bonus, anything. She dies, and lawyer not only didn't attend the funeral, he didn't even send flowers.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      At a previous firm, I received my 5-year award, then two weeks later the firm closed without notice and I was out of a job. Oh, and they fought the WARN claims; I just got about 10% of the money they owed me a few months ago after seven years of waiting.

The worst story I heard was about a legal secretary who worked for the same lawyer for over 30 years. Never married, no kids, totally devoted to job. Lawyer never gave her a gift, bonus, anything. She dies, and lawyer not only didn't attend the funeral, he didn't even send flowers.
      Lol my dad lost $287,000 in sick days/paid holidays and other time owed to him when the mill went bankrupt 3 years ago

Comment

I got a certificate for 5 years at the cinema. It took them 6 months to get it to me.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I once got a plaque and a book of 10 movie tickets in appreciation for my five years of employment.

Surprised the shit out of me.

I'd only been there 20-odd months at the time.

Once I pointed that out, they asked for the movie tickets back. I said I'd already used them.

Comment

I'd only been there 20-odd months at the time.

Once I pointed that out, they asked for the movie tickets back.
            They wha---???
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              They wha---???
              According to policy, I hadn't been there long enough to 'earn' that gift.

Of course, according to the etiquette of 'if it's a gift, you can keep it' I didn't return them.

Comment

Working...
              X