Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The day as going so well until I got laid off.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
    Was the company he left on the hearing call too? If so...I have reason to freak out, my former boss is a fantastic actress and in complete denial of the hell she puts her employees in. I never gave the company a reason for leaving, just that I had a new job. I didn't want the drama.
    Yes, and he was terrified of that since the Uber Bitch owner was on the call. Someone from the unemployment office ran the call. Hubby and Uber Bitch were only allowed to answer the questions asked, were mostly asked yes or no questions, and the unemployment lady cut off anyone who said more than they needed to.

Here's pretty much how the conversation went:
    Unemployment Lady (UL): Ok, you both gave different reasons for Hubby no longer having a job. Uber Bitch (UB), why does he not have a job?
    UB: His position was eliminated.
    UL: Hubby, why were you told you no longer have a job?
    Hubby: I was laid off.
    UL: Great. I'll be completing the report and you both should get something in the mail.

Comment

I hope it goes that smoothly.
      She just knows that I got a new job, which is why I left (along with the long list of issues.. I tried to deal with those with her but she wouldn't answer any questions), I only gave two weeks notice but that was because the job started sooner then I expected and didn't want to give three and miss out on getting the heck away from her.
      I really hope it goes smoothly...She has been known to screw things up on people who have left if she finds out where they work.

I just want to clarify, this hearing is for my previous job, I worked there for 4ish years. Not the one I got laid off from, that I only worked at for 2 months (it should have gone longer but they ran out of work...) So they have to check out my previous job before giving me any benefits...
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

I'm so sorry and I give you my biggest hopes and wishes for better things to come your way!
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Squeaks,
          You weren't at the job that laid you off long enough to qualify for benefits from them... so they're having to go from the previous qtr - HellJob.... You gave ample notice (2wks) and told them you were leaving to start a new job - you should be fine.

(i have filed for unemployment a number of times and this is as i under stand things from what i have been through - i am not a labor board or workforce commission employee)
          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance. I hope it doesn't end up going badly. Helljob is a great way to describe it. I have no doubt she will say anything I went to her about, like what I am being paid, quitting management. She will say she tried to resolve and that I handled badly. Which she always put off, and when I went to quit management she told me I was screwing over the other manager and what an awful person I am. Typical of a meeting with her....this is why I'm afraid of dealing with her, I tried my best to get answers and resolve issues but I finally gave up and left. I'm just afraid that they will believe a business owner over me, she has had a few employees go to the labor board about her...so maybe that will be noticed... I don't know. My Mom will at least be around during the hearing, she knows how upset I get when I'm forced to deal with this woman. I won't be upset during the hearing, but after I expect I will be upset.
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

From what you say, I don't see a problem (based on experience with my state's system). Basically, you had a job, decided it wasn't a good fit for you, found a new job and even gave 2 weeks notice (not required in an at-will state). Try to stick to the basics when discussing it with unemployment and you should be fine. My guess is that they just need to make sure you did previously have a job that paid $X so they can use it in determining your benefits.
              Last edited by trailerparkmedic; 10-26-2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks, that's good to know.
                It will be hard to prove what I made, she never said what we made for sure, even the approximate part seemed to be off. She said I made between 9-12 dollars an hour, which isn't true, even before taxes are taken out it looks like I made 2-6 dollars an hour. I can send in every pay stub I've received since starting work there, I always keep those in a file. It will show I made about $100-$150 a week and was paid biweekly along with the planner I had that showed I worked 40 + hours a week some weeks. She never would account for the hours worked or how she came to the amount she was paying us on the check, along with estimated pay checks when she was away. I'm sure you can see one of the reasons I left. She made it very difficult, I did save texts when she bounced my pay check. She put money I was owed for the bounce into my next pay check, I reminded her I wanted it in a separate check, she said that wasn't how business worked and I didn't know what I was talking about. That text is in my old phone, but if I need to I'm sure I can figure out away to get it to the proper person.

Comment

Working...
                X