This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesomely nerdy

I just got off the phone to helping a customer and had to squee somewhere as my colleagues didn't get the reference

So apparently Mr Gandalf (yes thats his real first name - he has a boring last name which I won't post for privacy reasons) owns a pub called the Wizard's Staff!

and I got to help him out!

it was so hard to not make references to Lord of The Rings...
    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Awesome! Oh to suppress the Squee! is unfair, especially since he obviously has the same since of humor - he named his pub the Wizard's Staff (sheldon, leave that alone - don't ruin it!)

Yay you got the call, and not some lame-brain who wouldn't get it! I'd've made a reference at least once, just to test the waters....
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

That's awesome! Also, how did your co-workers not get the reference? Fail on their part.

When I used to get bored at one of my old jobs, I would search in the data bases for interesting names. I was surprised to see how many 'Snape's' lived in the area...

Comment

So does his pub have a tower with an onion dome?

... has a knob on the end ...

/Pratchett
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I once waited on a customer whose first name was 'Wolfman'. He was very nice and ordinary, contrary to his appellation.

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
            I just got off the phone to helping a customer and had to squee somewhere as my colleagues didn't get the reference

So apparently Mr Gandalf (yes thats his real first name - he has a boring last name which I won't post for privacy reasons) owns a pub called the Wizard's Staff!
            Yeah, I'd be squeeing, too. And likely telling him how cool his pub's name is! (And maybe making plans to visit it later...)
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              So does his pub have a tower with an onion dome?

... has a knob on the end ...

/Pratchett
              "Oh it's big and it's round and they're three to a..."

What?

Actually if you Google "A wizard's staff has a knob on the end" you'll find at least two sets of lyrics (written by fans of Sir Terry Pratchett, I believe).
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I have a regular customer whose name is unique.. actually it is "Unique"
                It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

Quoth Beisbolica View Post
                  I once waited on a customer whose first name was 'Wolfman'. He was very nice and ordinary, contrary to his appellation.
                  Maybe he was named after the late Wolfman Jack?
                  Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

At my work you have to type GET then the customers last name to pull up their account if they don't have their membership card, my favorite is GET HAPPY get cash is a close second.

I also have a kinda regular Mr. Payne who is retired and was a major at one point XD

Comment

I've just remembered that one of the regulars at my Dad's local is called Merlin. His first name (given name) is Merlin. His method of transport is a penny farthing bicycle.
                      I wish I had the imagination to make this stuff up!

Comment

I've had some strange customers names.

Jason Vorhees for example. He smoked alot, was shorter then me, and was always pissed off when he came into my store. He stopped coming in when we stopped selling Menthol More cigs.

Another one was Arcadius the thirthysomething.

I asked him if he was going to name his son that. He told me he kinda had too.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

We've had some odd names over the years.

Many years ago we had an old lady whose first name was Princess (said it was daddy's idea). I'm sure she's gone now, this was 20+ years ago and she was old then.

Had a guy named Green Savage.

My favorite, though, was Ruby Champagne! A very nice lady.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                          X