This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo corporate!

What's with all the Lincoln Logs lately? I've got a whole fricking pallet of the things just chillaxin' in the backroom.

Every year you load up on the things for (hiss)Christmas, and every year we don't sell them. They don't have sparkles, earphones, cameras or boobs, so naturally the kids want nothing to do with them.

Oh well, I guess we have to offer things other than Those Fucking Rats Zhu Zhu Pets, Paper Jamz and Bite Your Pillow It's Going In Dry Pets.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I've always wanted those for Christmas. Love blocks and the like as well.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      What's with all the Lincoln Logs lately? I've got a whole fricking pallet of the things just chillaxin' in the backroom.

Every year you load up on the things for (hiss)Christmas, and every year we don't sell them. They don't have sparkles, earphones, cameras or boobs, so naturally the kids want nothing to do with them.

Oh well, I guess we have to offer things other than Those Fucking Rats Zhu Zhu Pets, Paper Jamz and Bite Your Pillow It's Going In Dry Pets.

yes I have seen the "NEW and improved with more accessory crap" motorized rats commercials. you have my heartfelt sympathies.

Lincoln Logs require a bit of intelligence (just like the OLD style Legos not the here is ALL the peices for a Hogworts castle and the really cool Erector sets of times past). WHY use your mind when you can just sit there and veg out and not have to be creative or use your imagination???? opppsss that would require effort and we can not have that. or WHY do they not have light up buttons or screens or that hypnotic pattern of blood and guts????
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Lincoln Logs? haven't seen them over here, some kind of construction toy I'm assuming?

I know what you mean about the old style Lego, I loved that when I was little, precisely because it could be something different every time I played with it.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          Lincoln Logs? haven't seen them over here, some kind of construction toy I'm assuming?

I know what you mean about the old style Lego, I loved that when I was little, precisely because it could be something different every time I played with it.
          Yep, you're right on the money. (We don't have it either in Ausland)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Logs

I am SO glad work's toy lines are limited-we also have Barbies....at least they're just like generic Barbie.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

WOW! Lincoln Logs I thought they were like extinct with the way kids are forced fed into stuff like those Rats >.<
            "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

For christmas this year im building my son a set of wood blocks (squares/rectangles/arches/wedges/cylinders)

I got them when i was his age.....best thing i ever got.

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                For christmas this year im building my son a set of wood blocks (squares/rectangles/arches/wedges/cylinders)
                You could just pick up some sets of those balance tower building sets, unless you really like making wooden block pieces.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  You could just pick up some sets of those balance tower building sets, unless you really like making wooden block pieces.

^-.-^
                  Its kind of a family tradition deal.

Plus i havent seen anything like that up around where i am lol

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                    I would LOVE to get my hands on some Lincoln Logs! But I haven't seen them in any stores up here Ditto for Tinker Toys. Man, the toys these days are just so...unimaginitive.
                    Yeah. It's almost like the toys do all the playing for you.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I would LOVE to get my hands on some Lincoln Logs! But I haven't seen them in any stores up here Ditto for Tinker Toys. Man, the toys these days are just so...unimaginitive.
                      Tinker Toys!! I forgot about those! I loved them, would play for hours. I want a set now.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        Tinker Toys!! I forgot about those! I loved them, would play for hours. I want a set now.
                        now if you are talking Tinker Toy mixed with an Erector set then I could have REAL fun
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Vermont Country Store has a lot of the old time toys, they have nonbrand lincoln logs if I remember correctly. So does Lehman Brothers. Both have web pages =)

And they are very happy to mail order =)
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post

I got them when i was his age.....best thing i ever got.
                            What my dad (and I) did was to buy a couple of 8 foot 1x2's (which are actually 0.75 x 1.50 ) and cut them into lengths of 1.50, 3.00, 4.50 & 6.00.

So all dimensions are integer ratios 1:2:4:6:8.

And very inexpensive, so we could make a lot of blocks.

We had enough of these to build a tower in the front room 6 feet in diameter at the base and ten feet tall...

I remember building 4 story hamster mazes with windows...
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Take a few of those log sets, damage 'em out, and have someone in graveyard with a bit of creativity set up a display.

Comment

Working...
                              X