This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this is creepy

I'm starting to get more in-depth projects at work. More one-on-one with a few clients, more advanced accounting things.

Today I went into overtime getting a new client's invoices in the system and printing a few financial reports for him.

He leaves, and I'm cleaning up, doing my last-minute stuff before setting the alarm and leaving. The phone rings, and even though the office is closed, I answer. It's the client. He asks me to dinner.

This guy is at least twice my age. ><

I politely turned him down. Then had to call my supervisor because I forgot how to set the alarm. XD Mentioned the invite.

She was SHOCKED! 0o And also not sure if it was creepy or not.

Whatcha think?
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Creepy is relative - if you were creeped out then that's how you feel.... however it is unprofessional
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Eh. If he was polite and respectful, it's no creepier than if he were a younger man.

Had the exact same thing happen when I worked at the K place on occasion. If a man likes talking to you and feels at ease around you, it may not matter to him how young you are. As long as he's respectful, it's not creepy.

Probably not the most professional thing, but then, it's hard to meet nice people to date. Why pass up on what may be a good thing? (I mean that coming from his perspective, not yours. Clearly, you are not interested, so it wouldn't much be a good thing for you.)

Comment

I don't find it creepy at all. Except unless he gives out those creepy vibes. But from what you said he sounds like an honest man who found you interesting. And as long as he accepts the rejection and doesn't persist it's all good.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Yeah, I didn't feel threatened. I think it was just a surprise, because this client didn't make any inappropriate comments or gestures while he was here.

The only persistance was in saying he didn't like to eat alone, and reoffering, which I also refused (same phone call), but I don't think it'll be a problem.

There is an Update in the Praising section, though.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Maybe he didn't think it would be appropriate to say anything while he was in the office and you were interacting on a professional level.

If he doesn't get pushy or get weird about future work, I'd take it for a compliment and let it go.

But I can see how something like that out of the blue would be a bit startling.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
              The only persistance was in saying he didn't like to eat alone, and reoffering, which I also refused (same phone call), but I don't think it'll be a problem.
              He might have been genuinely lonely and thinking that, if you were away from home, you might be alone, or at least have time to kill. I'm not saying in anyway that you ought to go to meet him, better to turn down a chap who's lonely than take a daft risk with someone who might not be safe, but it's not unusual for single chaps to ask a collegue for a meal.

Comment

This is probably wrong on so many levels, but if I take an honest look at myself, I see that I tend to think it's creepy if I'm not interested in the guy. His behavior may not be innapropriate at all, he may be perfectly nice, etc, but I'm just going to be biased. I guess I'm just human after all.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X