This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easing up would be nice

Somewhat of a trend over the last few months is for someone to get their post out, and then there's a deluge of people falling over themselves to offer legal opinion.

Can we ease off this, please?

Sure, if someone specifically requests legal opinion, feel free to head straight to Wikipedia or Google or rely on your knowledge, or if someone's on the receiving end of illegal activity and don't appear to realise that they have legal recourse, then feel free to ask if they want to know the law as you know it.

However, right now it's getting irksome. I'm not stating this as an infractable issue straight off the bat, but it seems that half the time the laws quoted are for different jurisdictions, and there's only a couple of members I can think of who are actually trained in legal matters. The rest of us have to rely on hitting search engines and aren't affected if we're wrong and someone follows the advice.

Rapscallion

Bumping this. Bump!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Got it. No sue-age + Don't Should on thee.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Bumping for a refresher
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

As a semi-regular let me chime in and say that I agree with Raps. If someone asks for legal advice (or any sort of advice that requires specialized education in order to disseminate it), refer them to someone locally who deals with that sort of thing for a living.

Legal advice= See your local legal counsel and/or law enforcement.
          Medical advice= See the appropriate medical professional.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
          X