X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britain's pubs going extinct??

Just wondering How accurate is this?

There is a definite decline in the number of pubs. Pretty much all the pubs in my town are also restaurants. And it is much, much cheaper to buy booze in a supermarket.

That said, there is no shortage of pub/restaurants. They seem to be everywhere.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Independent pubs are definitely on the decline. Chains, such as Wetherspoons, are doing rather well.

Many of the independents in my immediate locality are either completely gone or half pub, half restaurants. I don't particularly miss them as I don't drink, but I can see how they were valuable to some people.

Rapscallion

Comment

I hope not, I can't get by without lots of new customersruinmylife stories!

Sorry, CRML, with Gravedigger out you seem to be the #1 source of entertainment here now...

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Independent pubs are definitely on the decline. Chains, such as Wetherspoons, are doing rather well.

Many of the independents in my immediate locality are either completely gone or half pub, half restaurants. I don't particularly miss them as I don't drink, but I can see how they were valuable to some people.

Rapscallion
          Yeah, this is my personal experience too.
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

My pub is doing fine at the minute But that is just due to dumb luck. The rival pubs have absolutely horrific management. I won't go into many details but three out of the four rival pubs in town are owned by the same man who seems to be so rich that he is oblivious that they are losing money. Seriously, I do not understand how they could possibly be earning money. They sometimes close at 9pm!

So because of this, we get a lot of customers. And lunatics.

Comment

Working...
            X