This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    Hell, in my store, they don't even bring the carts to the door...they'll just take their groceries out and leave the cart right there at the register!
    They do the same at my store! And when it's busy, and I don't have a break between customers to run those baskets back to where they go, they can really pile up.

I mean, seriously? You walk by the shopping cart bay as you enter and exit the store. You can't take the cart back to where you got it, seeing as you're passing there anyway?! How pathetically lazy can a person get?!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      Argus' answer, plus; it is really hard to block a whole aisle while you spend fifteen minutes choosing between the 10 or 10 1/2 oz box of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs with a puny basket.
      Corrected because Calvin & Hobbes reference.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Corrected because
        Hope you did that from memory, 'cause I'd feel really bad if the guy workin' about fifty hours a week more than me took time to go look that up when I was too lazy to.

(Goes to dig out the C & H collections for Christmas-y Fun. And maybe some snowman inspiration.)

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          (And maybe some snowman inspiration.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1933220253.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	2030396

Note I did not make this.

Comment

Hell, in my store, they don't even bring the carts to the door...they'll just take their groceries out and leave the cart right there at the register! Which makes me wonder why they got a cart in the first place if they bought so few groceries that they could take them away by hand...just get a frigging basket!
            My local grocery compounded the deserted cart/basket problem early last year, when they added multiple options for your grocery toting needs. There were :
            • the regular carts,
            • the half size carts (my fave )
            • the hand baskets (where are we going, and how did I get in this hand basket?)
            • the wheeled hand baskets (so people could pull these on a long handle, so it was like dodging carry-on luggage at the airport - they were great for parking behind/next to people, so they could fall over them </s>)
            • the car carts (two-seater, so the kiddos could get rammed in the face instead of falling out of the seat in the regular cart; PITA to get around corners - they really need a horn for the blind corners.)
            • the mini carts (so kiddo could have a cart just like Mommy! Ugh. I hated those at another store, but at least there, they had a tall pole with a flag attached, so adults could be more aware of them. Not so here, because that would make sense. It would also make sense to teach children that stores are not playgrounds, but I digress...)

You can imagine what kind of pile up this would cause at the checkouts - two types of handbaskets, with no real space to put them, and four kinds of carts, usually abandoned in random places. #sigh# Oh, plus the motorized scooters, which always seem to run out of juice in the worst possible place. Getting through the airlock to get in or out of the store was nearly impossible, because they would purposely put a scooter, car cart, mini carts, and both type of handbaskets in a 15 foot square entryway, which was also lined with seasonal items!

Oddly, the wheeled baskets and the mini carts are no longer there. A few "incidents" must have made them rethink those. I hope.
            Last edited by vikingchyk; 12-23-2013, 05:15 PM. Reason: always miss at least one typo :)
            Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
            At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Aethian:
              Is that a thing now, the coloring? That one almost has to be to be recognizable, but I've seen it more and more often over the past few years. Last year a buddy of mine did a beautiful green dragon. I assume it's sprayed on food coloring?

Comment

sms001...

I think so. Around the neighborhood I'm slowly getting through I've seen a few brown WMU's. Personally I think it's a nice touch if you can get it right. But that's got to be a pain the neck to not melt the snow.

Comment

The supermarket got flooded on Christmas Eve; the actual building was safe but the car parks became two giant lakes, with all the trolleys inside. Apparently, SCs were bitching about the lack of trolleys and one even ordered a trolley boy to go into the lake and retrieve one for her.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                    I think sometimes they think another shopper will be along soon, who would rather take a free standing cart, than try to pull one jammed onto the end of the long train (I know I would - bad shoulders, so I often cannot get them off if they are jammed even a little)
                    That would mean they're thinking about someone other than themselves. No, it's just laziness on their part. "No longer need carriage,just leave it there." is more like their thinking.

Comment

Hell, in my store, they don't even bring the carts to the door...they'll just take their groceries out and leave the cart right there at the register! Which makes me wonder why they got a cart in the first place if they bought so few groceries that they could take them away by hand...just get a frigging basket!
                      Sometimes I get a basket if I'm not sure how much I plan to buy. I don't always bring a list when I go grocery shopping and sometimes I end up buying far less than I originally thought for a variety of reasons.

However, the cart always goes back to the front of the store; I'll hand carry from there.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I always get a small trolley, cuz I have a bad back. However, I always put it back once I'm done shopping. Sometimes, I'll give it to a shopper coming in thru the door; small trolleys seem to always be the ones abandoned in the car park, so often there aren't any available. The people are always grateful to get one from me, rather than having to go hunt thru the car park for a small trolley.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Funny, it's like that here too, and I'm in the USA. I guess SCs are the same everywhere.

Comment

Um..... Yes. Yes they are.

Comment

At work, I made a little mess in the washroom, and did you know what my co-worker said to me?

"That's what the cleaning crew is for!"

I was shocked. I was, of course, taught to clean up my messes. Recently, I bought an egg sandwich from Michel's Baguette and ate there. Once finished, I scraped the scraps from the plate into the garbage can and brought everything to the counter, rather than just leave them there for the employees.
                              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                                I was shocked. I was, of course, taught to clean up my messes. Recently, I bought an egg sandwich from Michel's Baguette and ate there. Once finished, I scraped the scraps from the plate into the garbage can and brought everything to the counter, rather than just leave them there for the employees.
                                I always do this when eating out...I take my tray to the nearest trash receptacle, place the remnants of my meal and all assorted wrappers and drink containers inside, and leave the tray on the pile of other trays wherever they may be located (usually on top of the trash bins, convenient). And if I get a bit of ketchup or soda on the tabletop, I always wipe it up with a napkin. Probably has more to do with my OCD than actual manners, but still, basic manners are there as well. No employee wants to see extra work being made for them by thoughtless customers.

Comment

Working...
                                X