Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny but I don't think we've had one of these since I handed the phone over to my partner who was staying over for the weekend.

He used to work in Data Security, had contracts with government agencies and Microsoft and dabbled in some grey areas.

He immediately started asking the person why they wanted him to open this particular thing as it did this and why would you need to be in there... oh he's hung up.

Before that I strung one along for 3/4 of an hour. They must have thought I was blonde until I started asking very pertinent questions.
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      Mom had them for almost a hour once before she said she didn't have a computer.
      For some reason I pictured a little white-haired old lady, sitting in a la-z-boy and gently rocking as she gave non-commital answers for an hour before finally saying, "Honey, I don't even have a computer."

Quoth Jetfire View Post
      I feel ignored now. I've never gotten any of those calls. They don't seem to call my area code or something for some reason.

Then again we used to get the Fog Horn "You have won a vacation!" calls, along with the "Important credit card information" automated ones. Those made me unplug my landline for good a couple years ago and now I only go by my cell phone.
      Yeah. I've never gotten one of these guys either. Then again, back when I had a landline I never answered the phone unless they talked to my answering machine.

Now I don't have a landline. But, I've never gotten one on my google voice number either. Shame. I'd love to get one of these guys on the phone and lure them into one of my virtual machines.

I was talking to a friend of mine about this and somehow they're managing to spoof the Microsoft contact phone number. I'm not sure how they do that but unfortunately it adds an air of legitimacy to their crap.
      Caller ID is trivial to spoof. Unless you have an 800 number, you're getting what the other end wants you to see.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        For some reason I pictured a little white-haired old lady, sitting in a la-z-boy and gently rocking as she gave non-commital answers for an hour before finally saying, "Honey, I don't even have a computer."
        Add in one of her boys begging for pettings and you have pictured right.

Comment

Working...
        X