Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the same people who don't clear the snow built up on the bumper right? That snow that covers their headlights? So that even if they can see out their porthole they still can't see where they're going?
    Women can do anything men can.
    But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
    Maxine

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      People clean off the windows, but leave snow on the hood. First thing that will happen is that the snow from the hood will blow off and cover their windshield.
      I agree. I think it's insane. But seriously winter in the Buffalo area you'll see cars that only have the windows cleaned off and nothing else.

me... I clean off everything. The windows, the top of the car, the entire hood. Even the side mirrors and headlights.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        Even the side mirrors and headlights.
        And I don't know about Wisconsin (again ) but several states I've lived in your plate must be fully visible/readable also.

Comment

With my car or momvan one good sized tarp per vehicle and some bungee cords and all I need to do is have Rob whip it off and there is minimal snow to deal with. Short of building a garage, that is as good as it gets.

I could buy a premade car or van cover, but why bother? And it can be carried along and used in parking lots too ...
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Here in Tasmania, we do it differently. We put the snow on the cars.

Yup, I'm serious.

Hobart has a lovely mountain, the summit is 20km (about 15 miles) from the CBD. Mt Wellington is the first place to get snow when we get it (which can pretty much be any time of the year, damn those Antarctic blasts!)

The local tradition here, is that when it snows, one drives up to the summit, and builds a snowman on the hood of the car, then drives back down the mountain to see how long it lasts, before it melts and slides off.

Now, I was working down here on contract for a while before I moved here to live. A lovely lady at the local Famous Markets told me this, and I seriously thought she was yanking my chain. Till I left the markets and saw a parked car with the remnants of a snow man on the hood.

Yes, I've done it (the old ute, it was on the tonneau cover and the darn snowman slid inside the tray). And I've seen a group of young guys with shovels filling up the tray of their ute once.

Disclaimer - we do get snow here, but usually, away from the Highland areas, it's fairly shallow falls and doesn't last long. We don't normally get the 2'+ dumpings and blizzards that some of you guys'n'gals seem to experience.

Comment

I try to clean off as much of my car as possible because I don't like having it blow on the windows while I'm driving.

Comment

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
                Here in Tasmania, we do it differently. We put the snow on the cars.

What a cool (npi) story! Wonder how it got started.

Comment

Working...
                X