• Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonder how far they'd go with coconuts.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      wonder how far they'd go with coconuts.

Are those cuckoonuts filled with bees?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

makes me think of people that complain about prices or about another department or about company policy like I can do something about it.

This weekend alone, I had two people complain about the produce department while I was at a register, like I could do something about that. If you had asked, I could have called a manager and you could have complained to them and they could do something about it, but as a lowly cashier, I can't do crap about that.

Also, we have a group of 3 or 4 people that hang price tags, and they sometimes miss tags. We have a scan right guarantee and as such if something rings up differently than the price on the shelf, we give you one free and the rest at the price on the shelf. We then also pull the tags or fix it. But it's not my fault that it got missed. Heck, people make mistakes and overlook tags. We're a big store, it happens.

Alcohol and tobacco are not included in this. I was never formally informed of this, but figured as much because I know we do not do returns on alcohol and tobacco. I had a customer come in the other day that had just bought some wine and it rang up a dollar more than what the tag said and mentioned how he should get it free. I told him I didn't think it worked like that on alcohol and asked my supervisor just to be sure and she backed me up. I fixed the pricing for him and refunded a dollar back, but he complained the whole time, like we have anything to do with company policy, which is probably set in place by corporate and not the lowly stores.

Comment

I get that a lot, mainly when someone's cc or debit card is declined, or their instant cradit app is denied. I simply say sorry, its not going through, do you have another form or payment, or in teh case of the charges, its telling me there isn't enough info to make a decision (which is what is says on the screen) and that they will be contacted shortly by mail. However, some of my co-workers like to speculate as to WHY these things happen. I don't since a. a person's financial stuff is their OWN business, and b. I don't really KNOW why their card or app was denied. I don't, so if I speculate, and it turns out NOT to be the case, I don't want the customer coming back all pissed off.

Then again, some of my co-workers don't get how credit works. "oh but they make 200K a year" And your point is? Yes, maybe they do, and maybe they dont. We don't know, and if they do, maybe they are 150K in debt.

Comment

Didn't happen to me, but I witnessed it. A guy asked the woman working the returns why the vacuum manufacturer didn't install a filter.

Funny, my coworker doesn't look like a British bassoon player.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
              A guy asked the woman working the returns why the vacuum manufacturer didn't install a filter.

Funny, my coworker doesn't look like a British bassoon player.
              I don't get it what does a bassoon have to do with a vacuum return?

Comment

My favorite variation of this question is "why is it so busy tonight"
                Hell if I know... people decided to gamble and decided to do it here... apparently a lot of people went through this thought process at the same time... you're here after all too, so you could explain it better than I.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  I don't get it what does a bassoon have to do with a vacuum return?
                  James "Cyclonic Separation" Dyson plays the bassoon.

Comment

I always hate it when people come up to me and whine about the amount of tax on fuel. I just say that it's nothing to do with us, that we don't control the prices and if they're concerned, they should contact their local MP.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

James "Cyclonic Separation" Dyson plays the bassoon.
                      Ohhhhhh ok. Had me all confused there.

Comment

That's my thing. Obscure and confusing references.

Comment

Working...
                        X