This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You SAID it was fine....

So my coworker C was behind me on the lanes ringing up this couple for a very long time. They had a huge stack of coupons, which explains it. There was nothing wrong with this; they were all valid and she was having a nice time joking around with them. If anyone came up, she let them know they may want to go to another line, as this "may take a while." People were generally ok with this. Then there was this older couple who had their stuff on the counter. Now, I didn't hear what was said before, as they were all behind me, but at the point the woman had unloaded the cart on the counter. C said something about it taking possibly a long time, and the woman said, and I quote "That's ok. We're not in a hurry. (something else I didn't catch.) I'm not going to take it all down." Now, she didn't seem annoyed at this point.

A couple of minutes later they are in my line and instantly start complaining loudly at me that "she should've told us." I'm not even sure who she was referring to, but the other customer had to tell her "I did tell you." The SC kept going on about it taking too long and people waiting in line. Honestly, she hadn't waited for more than 5 minutes, and we did call for backup. I did not take anyone's side, did not answer, tried not to even show it on my face, but I sooooooooooo wanted to use my singsong voice to ask it it had been her or perhaps someone else who had said she was not in a hurry? It absolutely would've come across as a sarcastic, passive-agressive challenge, and I already got called into the office for something else yesterday. I do believe the husband saw a microexpression (raised eyebrow) that got away from me. I think I saw recognition of my chagrin flit across his face. So yeah, I might be implicated if they call and complain. But really, don't say you have no problem waiting if you do, and especially if you have been warned.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

How lame of them. If you want to be out faster, don't stand in the line you know is going to be slow! O_o Some people.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

It really bothers me that they police your every expression that way! People are not machines. We can't always keep our thoughts or emotions from showing. I know it's not polite to roll your eyes and things like that, but the occasional lifted eyebrow or some other tiny thing? I think it's ridiculous that you can get called in the office for something so small.

I swear, if I was a manager and a customer complained to me that the person who served them rolled their eyes or lifted an eyebrown, my reply would be, "Oh, I thought you had a legitimate complaint. We don't penalize workers for the way their facial muscles move."
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X