Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not huge on the DS, I still have my little SP...love it! SO still has the PS2 (the slim one) that I gave him back in '04. The Wii is nice, but you need a nice amount of space for you to play it, especially with other people. If you're a hardcore gamer, I'd go with the XBOX 360.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I have a DSLite and a PS2.

I only play a select few (Tetris, Animal Crossing though I can't get the WiFi to work, a couple Mario games, and Neves) so buying games is pretty much worthless to me.

My PS2 I have all my Jak and Daxter games (I WANT A PSPS JUST FOR DAXTER!) and a couple other games that I can't remember right now. My PS2 is my back-up DVD player.
      Last edited by RetailWorkhorse; 03-21-2009, 03:46 PM.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

We have all kinds of consoles at our house. 3-PS2, 2-XBox 360, 2-Wii, 3-DS, 3-PSP, 1-NES, and I would have to say from my gamer brothers and gamer hubby's point of view there's nothing like a PS2. they always go back to it. They hated the PS3 regarding not being backwards compatible. Now I love love love my Nintendo Wii. Tons of fun.
        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

I'd probably do DS/PS2 if I was you.

With the DSi hitting soon, the DS Lite will likely drop in price.

PS2's are cheap as dirt and have a vast *legion* of cheap gaming goodness on them.

Hardcore for current gen I'd probably vote for X-Box 360. Not because I actually like the thing, but because its the best of the 3. The Wii is cool, but yeah, still not enough game variety for a hardcore gamer. The PS3 is overpriced and really offers nothing for it except blu-ray. Most games are cross platform to the 360 now so it doesn't have much in the way of exclusives to justify shelling out the $ for it.

Plus Sony's CEO's have all turned into Weredicks since the PS3. -.-

Comment

I have a PS2, a Wii and a DS.

The Wii is cool, but there aren't too many games out for every genre. A lot of sports games because of the controllers, but not a big selection of others.

The PS2 I love. There are so many games you can find used for it, you'll never run out of things to play on a PS2.

My wife loves her DS, and there are lots of games for it.

If I were going to get a "Next Generation" console other than the Wii I'd get a Xbox 360. I've heard nothing good about PS3.

As far as the PSP, no knowledge of it, but I find it interesting how few people seem to own one, and how Rockstar made that new Chinatown Wars GTA specifically for the DS when they were "Sony Only" for so many years.

Comment

I <3 my PS2 and DS Huge.

Honestly, the next gen is rather... eh. The games don't really have the length or the quality to grab me most of the time, so I'll stick to playing my very old school jRPGs and bloody hard platformers/shmups on my PS2 and computer, thanks.

Not to mention I still have 50+ PS2 games that I own and have never finished... and about 15 DS games... and some GC games... and PS1 games... and computer games... I love my hobby.
              Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Quoth Drakstern View Post
                I <3 my PS2 and DS Huge.
                Ditto. I have a Wii and a few games for it, but for the most part they are time killers more than anything in depth.

My DS and PS2 stuff is another story entirely. I have only a handful of titles total that are quick sit down games. PS1 I have none in that category and PC I have 3 in that category, one of which I probably won't play again.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I have a Wii, DS and a PSP.

The Wii is fun, but it can get old after a while with the motion controller, Its a blast with groups. ITs got some great game, but it has a buttload of "Shovelware" (Crap games) as well.

The DS is a lot of fun, and you can play a wide variety including action all the way to card games and things like old school board games.

The PSP (just got a couple of weeks ago) has great graphics and the ability to download demo versions of some games (free play), you can also do this on the PS3 I know.

My brother inlaw has a PS3 and loves it (but he's also a Sony Fanboy) and claims to hate the 360. I would personally rather make the 360 my next console choice.

I do love each one, but each has their strength's and their weeknesses.
                  My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I'm going to get a DS and PS2 for me, and the family is getting a Wii.

Thanks, all!
                    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Working...
                    X