This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everday, I guess...

I just started working here on campus. Our campus is little, so we have a cafeteria buffet and then there's the Student Union, where you can go to Subway, or these 3 chain stores upstairs called Pandinis, Sky Ranch Grill, and Jazzman's.
    I worked at Pandini's yesterday and it was a pretty slow day as Pandini's is kind of geared only towards some italian food and pizza. So, most people wanted pizza. It was a good day, though. Sandra, this older woman was telling me about people who come in between 1 and 10 minutes before closing and want to order. They wait around in the union playing on the computer or blabbing to friends, then come on over and order. Whatever, gotta serve 'em, read plenty of these stories on this site.
    Anyway, I got assigned to work Sky Ranch Grill today. That's a high ticket store, being that they serve burgers and chicken and fries and the like. Sooo good there. Usually they close on the weekends, but this weekend and the past weekend are Solo and Ensemble days on both saturdays. Thus, there's different high school/middle school/elementary bands at the campus. So, they're open and I pretty much volunteered to work without realizing the day. But I figured no biggie.
    Indeed, it wasn't a bad day, but I felt more cluttered because Pandini's has a short, solid menu but Sky Ranch has a TON of stuff.
    Well, the day passes, and finally a minute before 2, when we close, 2 guys come up and order. Apparently they come in everyday just before closing and order. It's Saturday, no class, yet you wait till the last possible moment to come up and get stuff!? And they laughed about it! I never realized how annoying these people could be! Doesn't seem so bad on a screen...

One thing that did make my day... some kid came through and we ask your name so we can call it when your order's up. So one kid promptly told me McLovin. His friend was Beavis.
Working...
X