Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear my pajama bottoms on my way to get food on my way home Friday mornings....here's the kicker though, I go through the drive-thru. And when I had to quit McDonalds, I started using my althetic pants as pajama pants, so I don't look so odd.

People have tried that crap with me at work before, too. A few years back, right about the time I was new, they banned pajama pants because everyone on weekends would come to work in their pajamas.

I occasionally wear my athletic pants to work (like sweat pants) and in the beginning of that rigomorale, everyone would point and croak "WHA?!!?! SHE gets to wear them but we CAN'T wear pajamas?!!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Cats View Post

That quote in the article PISSED ME OFF. Admitedly, if I don't change out of my PJ pants before going out, yes, that is laziness on my part. But it has absolutely NO relevance to my other abilities. I work 10 hour shifts on my feet in the middle of the night, which is something not many people are willing to do, and I am damn good at it. Talk about judging a book by its cover. I'm sorry if I'm overreacting to it, but that's just messed up. Yes I'm lazy when I'm not at work. It's cause I've worked a long day and I'm tired, damnit.

I would agree a heck of a lot more with that article if that did not posses that quote in there.
      I HATE generalizations like that too! It's that psuedo psychology crap that tries to tell peoples personality based on arbitrary things. It's exactly why I despise job interviews so much.

And customers are embarrased about what other people wear? Well unless they shopping in their underwear, why the hell should they give a damn? It sounds like the real SCs are the busy bodies concerned about what others are wearing.

Count me in on the "this policy sucks" crowd. I'm actually thinking of a few topics on fratching to post in case this gets too heated.

Comment

Pajama pants are really not that drastically different from sweatpants in my opinion. It's one thing if someone is walking around in just a bathrobe or some night time lingerie piece. But if I'm wearing a t-shirt and pajama pants, why in the world would that offend someone?
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I think the problem is more to do with people showing up in dirty or sagging night attire. X_x And believe me, there are people who do this. Some people have no shame.

Once I saw a woman dressed in pink pyjamas with fluffy bunny slippers in Orange Bag supermarket. The pyjama bottoms could have passed off as just baggy tracksuit bottoms (as in the chavtastic velour tracksuits) but the bunny slippers clinched it. I am surprised she didn't go arse over tit as the floors are a bit slippy, especially since slippers have no grip.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I hope it doesn't apply to little kids in superhero pajamas, because they're just cute! I saw a batman-kid the other day!

But I have seen people shopping in some nasty PJs; the kind that look like they're worn every night and haven't been washed in 3-months... Of course some people's daytime clothing looks like that anyway. Hmm. The store has the right to enforce an appropriate dress code though. My mall doesn't allow bathing suits, for example.
            Last edited by LillFilly; 02-03-2010, 03:42 PM.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Personally, I'd rather see smaller mom and pop type stores truly enforce their "no shirt no shoes no service" that they supposedly have.

I will actually quit bitching about pajamas if I never have to see a hairy fat shirtless man in a store ever again.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Once I saw a woman dressed in pink pyjamas with fluffy bunny slippers in Orange Bag supermarket. The pyjama bottoms could have passed off as just baggy tracksuit bottoms (as in the chavtastic velour tracksuits) but the bunny slippers clinched it. I am surprised she didn't go arse over tit as the floors are a bit slippy, especially since slippers have no grip.
                I have recurring nightmares about this! I dream that I go out to the shop or to a class or to work and realize I FORGOT TO WEAR SHOES so my feet are clad only in pink bunny slippers!

It sounds funny but in the dream I am very, very humiliated.
                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  Personally, I'd rather see smaller mom and pop type stores truly enforce their "no shirt no shoes no service" that they supposedly have.

I will actually quit bitching about pajamas if I never have to see a hairy fat shirtless man in a store ever again.
                  Then the hairy fat men will just wear stained, torn, stretched-out wife-beaters instead. Not exactly an improvement.

One certainly doesn't have to wear a tux and tails to run to the corner store, but it sure wouldn't hurt most folks to tidy themselves up a bit before going out in public.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

They had a pyjama protest there on Saturday. I'm still not sure if they realise people were laughing at them and not with them
                    It's tradition, or an old charter, or something!

Comment

I've worn pajamas out in public before. I spend 40 hours a week in a uniform, during my down time I prefer to be comfortable. Most of the times I throw on jeans and a tshirt or a pullover, polo or sweatshirt.

But a few times I've went out in public in my pajamas. I don't draw attention to the fact though. All my pajama pants are solid colors, clean, and fit me well. I also wear a clean tshirt that is clean and fit, and I never wear slippers out in public just regular tennis shoes. I'd bet that the majority of people who have seen me in public didn't even realize I was wearing pajamas.

Comment

Working...
                      X